Part-28

It's the day of meeting of Vierra with Nicholas. Nicholas along with some people was going to come to vampire empire.

I along with Vierra, Valerie, Luke and Arina and the servants of palace walked out to welcome the delegation from human empire . I noticed Nicholas was accompanied by Hayley and few of the elders of the village.

I hugged Haley and Nicholas. Arina too hugged Hayley. Vierra shook hands with Nicholas.

While Luke kissed Hayley's hand. As she's the only girl with Nicholas. And Hayley blushed at this.

"You should rest and we'll have the meeting in the evening. I have prepared rooms for you" Vierra said.

"We appreciate it" Nicholas said and all of them walked to their rooms accompanied by servants.

We walked to counsel room "Let's start the meeting" Vierra said. "Sure, so what do you want us to do?" Nicholas asked.

"I want you to stop attacking vampire cities and if you want you can fight against rebels along with my army" she said.

"What will we get if we agree to fight with your army?" Nicholas asked.

"If you want gold I can give it to you. If you want anything else, you can tell me and I'll try my best to provide it"

"We do want gold but also an agreement stating that no human city will be attacked and enslaved humans in vampire empire will be released" Nicholas said.

"I can ensure that no human city will be attacked by my army but releasing all enslaved humans is not possible as they are life source for vampires" she said.

"But enslaving humans is not right" Hayley said and everyone turned to her.

"What you need is human blood not humans themselves. You can buy it from humans like humans buy food. There is no need to enslave them" she added.

"She's right. You should try this" I said. Vierra thought for a few moments and said. "Okay, I'll try. But it will take time" she said.

Nicholas was about to argue. When one of the elder placed hand on his shoulder and said. "That's good enough. As long as you do try. We can't expect things to change over night" he said. Nicholas nodded begrudgingly.

The meeting was a success. Everyone walked out of the counsel room and I walked to Hayley.

"How have you been?" I asked. "I'm good. I want to ask you something" she said.

"What is it?" I said. "Not here" she mouthed the words and I nodded.

I took her hand and walked her to the tree where Valerie took me. As it is the farthest place to palace.

"We should be good enough here. But still be cautious" I said. She nodded.
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. "Have you talked to anyone about that?" She said hinting at me being a hunteress.

"No, I haven't" I said. "Why?" She asked. "Well, I was about to talk to Vierra but then I don't know if I should show anyone that I know"

"Aren't you close with anyone here? Can't you talk to them?" She said.

"Well, I'm close to Luke. I'll talk to him" I said and she nodded.

"I want to ask something else too" she said nervously. "What is it?". "Who was the guy with you in the meeting?' she asked.

My brows furrowed and then I realized she's talking about Luke. "Oh! He's the elder brother of Arina" I said.

"Oh! Okay" she said. "Do you like him?" I asked. "No, I just think he's cute" she said blushing.

"I'm pretty sure that's the definition of liking someone" I said teasingly and she punched my arm.

"Shut up!" She exclaimed and I laughed. "Show me around" she said demandingly and I laughed.

"Okay, let's go" I said and we started to walk in the direction of the palace. "Is there any interesting place in this empire?" She asked.