Part 39

After that we left Seline's Estate and went back to the palace. The gate of the castle opened and the carriage moved in.

The whole way Arina was absolutely silent. Even when I tried to talk to her she barely responded.

We got out of the carriage and Arina started walking towards her room. "Aren't you gonna update Vierra?" I asked.

"You update her. I wanna rest" she said walking away. I decided to go to Vierra's room. I reached her room and opened the door.

Vierra was in the middle of changing her clothes. I closed the door, walked in and sat at the chair across her table.

"I'm changing my clothes" Vierra said. "I'm not facing you. I can't see anything" I said. "Still it's basic manners to not walk in on people changing their clothes"

"People also lock the door while they're changing clothes." I retorted. "I didn't lock it because no one dares to just walk into my room" she said.

"It's not like I have ever knocked. So, why is it a problem now?" I asked. "Because I was in the middle of changing clothes" she said.

"Well, it's not like you didn't hear me coming towards you" I said. "I did hear footsteps but I didn't know it was you"

"Well, you know by now you would have changed your clothes if you weren't making a big ass issue of this" I said.

"Who said I haven't?" She asked. I turned around and she was standing there fully clothed.

"Good. Now, we can talk" I said. "Funny, like you weren't talking the whole time" Vierra said. "You know what I mean" I said closing the topic.

"No, I don't" she said. "You don't what?" I asked. "I don't know what you mean?" She said.

I sighed "Just forget it" I said and she chuckled. And again I kind of got lost in her. "Okay, what do you wanna talk about?" Vierra asked walking to her desk and sitting opposite to me.

"I.." I was cut off by the view of her cleavage. I caught myself and cleared my throat but it was probably too late as Vierra was smirking.

"I.. I wanted to update you about Seline" I said. "What about it? And while you're at it also tell me why are you here so early. Wasn't the ball supposed to last all night?"

"Yeah, it was supposed to last all night but we left early" I replied. "I'm sure, it's because you got what you were looking for" she said expectantly.

"I will tell you but first I want to beat the crap out of you for sending Arina there" I said seriously.

She just raised an eyebrow at this "Oh, don't give me that look. You sent Arina there knowing that she will get hurt because of Seline" I said angrily.

"Time she get over it. It's already been a century" she said and I looked at her surprised soon the surprised changed into anger.

"How dense can you be Vierra? You do realize that she is still your sister right?"

"Sister or not. There's no excuse for giving the power to someone else to hurt you" she replied calmly.

"I can't understand how Arina still cares for you" I said and walked out of her room.

I walked to the garden. I sat by the pond and started throwing pebbles in the water. Suddenly, someone sat by my side and I jumped.

"Haha" I looked at the person and it was Valerie laughing uncontrollably. "Not funny" I said rolling my eyes not being in the mood.

She calmed down and said "What happened?" I looked at her for a split second before saying "Nothing, just Vierra being Vierra" I sighed.

"Why? What did she do now?" Valerie asked. "She forced Arina to go to Seline's ball" I hugged throwing a stone in the water with a little more force than the others.

"That's messed up but it's also something Vierra would do" Valerie said. "Aren't you angry? How could she do that to Arina when she herself can't get over the death of her parents" I said harshly.

Valerie grimaced and said "I am not going to defend Vierra on this. This was a low blow"

"I just fucking want to punch her on the face sometimes" I said annoyed. "Only sometimes?" Valerie asked.

"Ok maybe not just sometimes" I said laughing a little.

"Hey, do you know what happened between Arina and Seline?" I asked. She looked at the water thoughtfully and said "I do know but it's not my place to tell. It's better to ask Arina. Besides you two are quite close so it should be easy enough"

"I wish" I sighed. "When we went to the manor, we were looking through Seline's room and she walked up on us. After that she asked me walk out. I didn't want to but then Arina motion for me to go and I had to go out. They talked about something and since than Arina is quite upset.

"Well, give her sometime. It's been century but she is still hurting. She will come around soon though" Valerie said.

I nodded "Now, get your ass up and go to sleep. Unlike me you do need to rest" she said walking away.