Chapter 37

"Yeah, I know" Arina replied. "Let's go" I said and we climbed into the carriage. "So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked. "I mean what are we going to do while we are there?" I asked.

"First we'll try to blend in. With the crowd"

"And...?" I asked with raised brow. "And what?" She asked. "And then what? What will we do after blending in?" I asked.

"Oh we'll see" Arina said casually. "What do you mean by 'we'll see?' " I asked slightly bewildered.

"It means that I don't know. We'll improvise with flow" she replied. Before I could fully process, the carriage stopped and Arina walked out.

Extremely concerned I followed her out of the carriage. We were introduced at the large door of the ballroom and Arina and I walked in.

We both put on our smiles and walked in the middle of the ballroom. I grabbed two glasses of champagne from a nearby tray and handed one to Arina.

"Thanks" she said and I nodded. "Princess Arina? I didn't expect you here" someone said and both me and Arina turned to the source of voice.

It was duchess Seline. Arina put on her fakest smile and said "Thanks for having us here" . "Pleasure's all mine. I see you still have this human around" Seline said turning to me.

"Yeah, well she's a key asset for us in solving the rebellion problem" Arina said. "Ah! That is certainly true"

"And has she proven her worth in solving the problem?" Seline asked but before Arina or I could reply someone walked to her said "Duchess Seline, it's time"

She turned to us "My apologies, your highness. I would love to chat with you all night but I'm needed somewhere else. Please excuse me" she said and walked away slightly bowing to Arina.

"I hate her" Arina said barely above a whisper. I chuckled and then Seline started clinking her glass. "Let the dance begin"

And with that all the couples went to the center. "Let's dance" Arina said and before I could question anything I was already in the centre of the ballroom.

"Why do we need to dance?" I whispered. Arina mouthed 'We need to blend in' I nodded. We continued.

At first it felt a bit awkward but then we fell into a steady rythm and somehow got very close.

It felt strange being this close to Arina. I could the color of her eyes, forest green. It was beautiful.

Suddenly, the dance ended and room echoed with the sound of clapping. Arina whisked me off the dance floor and to a hallway. I didn't even knew was there.

"What if anyone saw us?" I whispered. "they haven't" Arina said and rounded another corner.

"What if..?" I started but was cut off by Arina. "Someone's coming" She said and pushed me against the wall, smashing her lips on mine.

I stood there bewildered for a moment before responding to the kiss. "Hey, what are you two doing here?" Someone...a guard maybe yelled and we pulled away.

"I'm sorry, your highness. I didn't know it was you" he said getting on his knees. "it's okay, just go"

"I can show you a room. If you would like your highness" he said timidly. "that's not necessary, we were just about to join the others" she said and the guard nodded before walking out of sight.

"That was close" Arina whispered. "But it proved that you're kissing skills. You're one hell of a kisser" I said smirking and Arina's cheeks went a dark shade of pink.

"Well, I had centuries to practice" she said still blushing but walking down the hallways. "Arina are you blushing?" I asked obviously knowing the answer.

She rolled her eyes "No, It was just a kiss" I said. "Yeah, but it got you blushing" I said and she sighed frustrated " will you stop? We've got a job to do" she said

"Yeah, sure. But you look hot, when you're blushing" I said and she went more pink. "This one it is Alina' s room" Arina said walking in and opening the door.