Part-25

We have been travelling for two days and now are out of Human empire. We stopped and  Arina said "Let's set up fire here" and we began to unwind.

I was sitting by the fire reading the book Hayley gave me when Arina said "You've been reading this book, every chance you get for the past two days, what is it even about?" 

"It's about the history of Vampire. I thought now that I'm living in the palace and getting involved with politics I should know a thing or two about vampires" I lied.

"I'm sure there are far better books about vampires history in palace library. But for now I can tell you, whatever you want to know about?" She said looking at me.

"Okay" I said closing the book and turning to face her. "So what do you want to know about?" She asked.

"Where did you vampires came from?" I asked. "Where did you humans came from?" She asked.

"That's not how you answer a Question" I said rolling my eyes. "Because that was a stupid Question to ask. when Humans don't know where they came from how can vampires know. We just like every other specie exist" now it was her turn to roll her eyes.

"But vampires do live quite longer than humans so I thought that may be… Okay next question, why did vampires suddenly want to announce their presence to the world?" I asked and she tensed slightly.

She became silent and for a moment I thought she might not answer but then she said "It was my father's decision. He was tired of living in hiding. He thought that vampires are not made for this. They shouldn't live in hiding" 

"Vampires came out of hiding in the rule of a King? I always thought Vierra…" But I was interrupted by Arina.

"My sister is not that reckless" she snapped at me. "But how come no one has ever known about a king?" I asked.

"Because when he planned to came out of hiding, he wanted to take over the whole world and make humans slave. And that happened, As you might know. But within two years almost an alarming amount of human population was gone. My mother…" Arina trailed off and bit her lip in an attempt to stop herself but a tear still escaped her eye, which she quickly wiped off.

I placed a hand on top off her. She looked at me and for a moment it felt like we shared a strange moment. 

Before she turned her gaze towards the fire and continued "My mother tried to make him understand that it's not right, that if this goes on there will be no human left for us to feed on but he was drunk and ripped her heart out of her chest in an instant before any of us could even blink. Before any of us could even could register the death of our mother, Vierra had ripped out the heart of our father. We stood there before the lifeless bodies of our parents" 

She paused but I didn't dare say anything. "After that it was about who would take the throne. Since Luke never had an interest in ruling and I was too immature to rule in such gruesome conditions So Vierra took the responsibility and did everything in her power to establish a stable empire for all the vampires" 

"That's it, there's nothing else to know" Arina said turning to me. I hugged her, I could feel she was hesitant at first but soon hugged me back. "What was that for?" She asked.

"I just thought you would need that. After all I'm quite sure it wasn't easy for you to tell me all that. And for that thank you. for sharing it with me" I said trying to be look as sincere as I could.

I could notice a faint blush on her cheeks but she turned to fire and said "It's not that bad besides my father being dead was one of the best things that happened to me" 

"So not only was he bad king and husband but a bad father too?" I said looking at her. "You can say that, but I'm sure it was still very hard for Vierra. After all before she could even accept the death of our parents she had to bear the responsibility of an entire empire. That's why she has gotten so closed off."

"You miss her" I said and she smiled "of course, I miss her before all of this three of us were incredibly close but now" she sighed after that we went into a comfortable silence. 

"I'm going to rest, you should do the same" Arina said and walked away. I too followed her and went to sleep, my thoughts filled with Vierra.