Part-45

I woke up and got ready for the day ahead. I need to meet Vierra to discuss the outcomes of yesterday but I'm a bit nervous.

Like I kissed and she kissed and we kissed. And like I liked it but I don't want to like it. Ugh! It's so frustrating.

I walked to Vierra's room and I was about to open the door when the door suddenly opened and Luke walked out.

My eyes met with Vierra. She was acting as if there was nothing wrong and I on the other hand had no idea what to do.

"How have you been?" Luke asked diverting my attention to him. "F-fine. What about you? How are you doing at Alina's manor?"

"She's one fine lady" he said and I raised an eyebrow at this, because Luke doesn't have such taste in women.

"But you know me. I'm not into her" he said. "Good, because I have someone in my mind you might like" I said smirking.

"Really who that might be?" Vierra asked and my eyes slightly widened which I'm sure she noticed because I was so balantly ignoring her.

"W-well that's for me and Luke to know" I said trying to be myself. "Really? But I'm pretty sure he needs my permission to court someone" she said challenging me.

She usually doesn't find reasons to pick a fight with me it's usually quite the opposite so I don't know why she is doing that.

Before I could reply Luke said "Well, ladies I shall take my leave as I have somewhere to be" he said quitely slipping away.

I looked at Vierra and she was still looking at me. I rolled my eyes and walked in her room pushing her aside. Our sides brushed and I nearly got a heart attack.

Vierra turned towards me and she had a smirk on her face. Her eyes were slightly red too.

I narrowed my eyes and walked close to her. Her brows furrowed and she raised an eyebrow.

I cupped her face looking into her eyes. "W-what are you doing?" She asked. Looking away from me.

I adjusted her face so that I'm looking in her eyes. "Your eyes! Why do they turn red?" I asked looking at her.

A hint of fear crossed her face which I'm sure I would have missed if I wasn't this close to her.

"It's.." Before Vierra could continue Arina walked in the room and she stopped looking at us. I immediately got away from Vierra and looked at Arina hoping to see some kind of expression.

But her expression was blank "I'll come by later" she said and walked out of the room.

My eyes went to Vierra and she once again had a very composed expression. I sighed, I don't know if I should go after Arina because she said that night didn't mean anything.

Neither did she looked hurt so I don't know. I walked to Vierra's desk and sat on the chair across from her.

"Let's discuss the events of last night" I said and mentally slapped myself for phrasing it like that.

"I mean what information did Luke got?" I said feeling myself turning red from embarrassment.

I'm pretty sure Vierra noticed but decided to ignore it. "It was very informative like I expected. Our arrival did it's trick and all of the people had there eyes on us..."

Before she could continue I interrupted"More like on you. Half of them were staring at you with lust in their eyes" I finished rolling my eyes.

While she looked at me smiling. "What is it?" I asked with a scowl on my face "Nothing. Let's continue" she said. I looked at her suspiciously but decided to let it go.

"So, Luke got the chance to find out the details of the person Alina met a few days ago. Turns out he was one of the leader of rebels of vampire Empire" Vierra said.

"And do we know who is it?" I asked. "Yes, he is a baron of Alina's state". "So it means Alina is leading the rebellion" I said.

"Not entirely, I'm pretty sure there are some other people involved in this" she replied. "Do you suspect someone else?" I asked.

"I do suspect some people but I can't point them out immediately" she said. "Hmm, how are you planning to test them out?"

"I have called someone here. She'll be here any moment" Vierra said smirking. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Vierra said and one of the servants walked in. "Your Majesty, Countess Evelyn is here" he said. "Escort her to her usual room. And inform her that I'll be there"

After that the servant walked out "Countess Evelyn? The one you had an .... Do you think she's involved?" I asked. "We'll see" she said walking out of the room. Probably to Evelyn's room.