part 34

Chapter 34

The next few days I spent away from the palace as I was undercover to know all about rebellion leaders.

Although it wasn't that successful I returned to the palace. As soon as I entered I was tempted to fall on my bed and go to sleep but alas I have to give the report to Vierra.

As I was walking down the hallway towards Vierra's room. I saw a glimpse of a figures running towards the training grounds.

I walked after them and it was Arina. "What are you doing?" I asked and Arina turned to me.

"Nothing much really. Just wandering here and there around the palace" she replied.

"What about you? How was your mission?"

"It was a waste of time" I said in annoyance. "Hmm... Well at least it means that the rebels are on their guard and are not trying to recruit people in the open"

"Yeah. Anyways, have you done anything interesting while I was away?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Arina asked.

"Nothing I'm just curious" I said. She looked at me with narrowed eyes. "Do you know when does Vierra is thinking about calling Nicholas?"

"No, I don't know. But I think as soon as we have some solid information about the hideout of rebels and their leaders" Arina said and I nodded.

"Do you know that Hayley likes Luke?" I asked. "Really? I didn't know" she said slightly shocked. "I thought we she would have told you" I said. "Maybe she felt uncomfortable as Luke is my brother"

I walked to her room and contemplated between knocking on the door or not. I decided not to as she must have already heard me outside of her room by now.

I opened the door and walked in. Vierra was standing by her desk going over some papers. I walked to her desk and sat on a chair.

"How was the journey?" She asked without looking up from the papers. "It was exhausting and useless" I sighed. "As expected" Vierra said.

"Then why did you send me?" I asked. "I thought that it might be good for you to stay away from me for a while and you might be able to sort your thoughts out "she said finally looking at me.

We continued looking at each other without saying anything. Eventually, I cleared my throat and looked away.

"So... Have you got some intel?" I asked. She sighed "not really". She walked around her desk and picked up the goblet. "But I have my doubts on duchess of vervinia. I've asked Luke to get close to her"

She took a sip from the goblet and put goblet back as it had now gotten empty. "Close in the sense..?"

"You know what I'm talking about" she said and I nodded. "Is there a problem?" She asked. "No, it's just Hayley really likes Luke" I said.

"Don't worry Luke isn't really interested in Alina" she said and I nodded. I noticed Vierra's gaze drift back to her goblet.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"You're looking at your goblet are you hungry?" I asked. "What if I am?" She asked with a challenge in her eyes.

"I can offer you my blood" I said and her lips curved into a smirk. "Oh really?" She asked.

"Yes" I said with the same challenge in my voice.

We continued looking at each other until she said "Maybe some other time" she said and I nodded.

"Now, you should go and get some rest" she said. I got up and walked out of her room.

For some reason I don't feel as hostile towards Vierra as I used to. As I was walking in my own thoughts. I walked past Arina's room. And decided to check on her and Hayley.