Part-17

Next morning, I woke up to the sound of light knocking on the door. "Come in" I said.

Alyssa walked in and said "Your Majesty wants you to get ready, the meeting will start in an hour" she said and I nodded.

I got up and went to bathroom to take a shower. I came out with a towel around my body. And again Vierra was in my room.

She looked at me and said "Get ready. We need to talk before the meeting". "Sure" I said and picked my clothes from the bed and went into bathroom to change. 

I walked out and Vierra was standing with her arms across her chest looking out of the balcony. 

I cleared my throat and she looked towards me. "Let's start. I want you to handle things the way you handled last night. Some will try to get on your nerves. But try to stay calm" she said.

"Sure anything else?" I asked. "Yes, address me as Your Majesty or My Queen in front of everyone" she said sternly looking at me. 

"I already told you. I'm in this as your equal, I will not submit to you" I hissed getting close to her.

"If you don't then it will make me appear as weak" she said. "How does it concern me in any way?" I asked. 

"Use your brain. It's not about submitting. I can't show any weakness Infront of others, if I want to maintain peace. But you calling me with my name would be make me appear weak" she said in monotone.

"Oh, yeah but you can easily cut off anyone who try to go against you then what's the problem?" I asked.

"You'll call me My Queen and that's the end of discussion" she said turning around.

I grabbed her shoulder, making her face me and hissed "I will not" In an instant her eyes went red and I was on the floor. 

I got up grunting and unsheathed my sword and walked towards her. I raised my sword at her and she grabbed it with a hand. 

Blood poured out of her hand. But it didn't seem to bother her. I tried to free my sword from her hand but couldn't. 

"Don't forget that you're no match for me" she hissed near my ear and getting my sword out of my hand with a jerk. 

"Now, show some respect in front of others" she said throwing my sword away. She wiped her hand with a tissue and left.

Why can't I put even a single scratch on her? Why? I sighed frustrated. I took my sword put it back and followed her.

We reached council room. A guard opened the door and we walked in I was behind Vierra.

Everyone stood up and Vierra sat down. Motioning for everyone to sit besides her.

"Solenne take a seat" she said motioning to a seat besides Valerie. Valerie smiled at me and I nodded. I was about to move to sit on my seat when Luke motioned, simply stating that I address Vierra formally.

"Yes, Your Majesty" I literally cringed at the words and walked towards the seat. I looked at Vierra and she seemed satisfied. 

I averted my gaze as the last thing I want to see is her being satisfied. "Let's begin" she said.

"What do you all propose about the rebellion of the south?" She asked. "Let's Kill them. They dare to defy our Queen. They should be killed" Duke Luca said.

"It will simply give rise to more rebellion. It's not the answer" I said. And everyone turned to me. "If you want to deal with rebellion, it's best not to use brute force. Or else it will cause more rebellion as the vampires will think that Your Majesty is not on their side" I said.

"You human girl, what do you know about ruling. Besides they deserved to be killed" A Vampire hissed which I assume is of Duke Vervainia. 

"Solenne's right using brute force has never done any good. Killing the rebels is not an answer" Luke said and I smiled at him slightly.

"Then what should we do? Should we let them rogue around?" Duke Luan asked

"I have thought of something" Vierra said and all eyes turned to her. "I'll meet with the leaders of rebels, try to sort things out with conversation. If it doesn't help then we'll do what we have to. Any questions?" She asked looking at the council. 

Everyone seemed satisfied with her suggestions. Until Arina said "What about the rebellion from humans? They are continously attacking one city after another. They also need to be put down" 

"I will meet the leader of the rebels of humans. And try to convince them. I'm sure they'll listen" I said. 

"How would you contact them?" Alina duchess of Volvox said. "I have connections" I said simply and she frowned.

"Your Majesty, we can't trust this girl. What if she's involved with rebels?" A Viscount said.

"I assure that she's not. She is working with us and us only. She is serving our Queen" Luke said in a commanding voice and everyone at the table went silent. 

I have come to know that he's got quite a reputation around here. And that's not only because he's a member of Royal family. People generally admire him.

"So, it's decided. We'll go with this plan" Vierra said and no one said anything. After that we spent the rest of the hours working on different strategies.