0.0.XVI.I

CHAPTER ZERO ZERO SIXTEEN-ONE

    DEVANTE WAS BEYOND furious as he paced around the party, looking for Aaliyah, who was nowhere in sight. He was beginning to get worried, or shit fuck it, he was concerned and paranoid, as the worst generated his brain knowing the teen disobeyed one of the rules he blatantly set, which was never to wander off.

            He pushed people out of the way as he heard complaints of grunts and agony attitudes coming from dancers in his way, but he didn't care, or he could care less about how they felt. Get the fuck out the way then. He couldn't stand folks in the way, and it reminded him of high school walking the hallways, except he wasn't eager to get to the lesson but eager to sneak the hell out. Hence, he wouldn't have to attend class. People being in the way due to making out on lockers and trying to be the center of attention rendered it difficult to get out before getting caught. So a few too many would say he was overreacting, but he knew in his midsection that he should, of never brought Aaliyah to this party. Point blank.

          Tuh, Ole dude rolling with Biggie and his midget girl snack was strike one; he wanted to smack that Craig, Coolio, whatever that nigga name was in the face for being disrespectful to him like that like he wasn't standing there. Luckily, he fucked with Biggie, and they hit it off immediately; becoming timely colleagues, he was optimistic they would make music together very soon. They vibed so well, although DeVante spurned to fuck with his homie, though.

    Fuck him, fuck little cheese...

       "Jeff!... DeVante shouted over to the male who was... asleep on the sofa. Nigga really. He his head leaned on the wall. Jeff, wake the hell up!... He clapped loudly, although he didn't comprehend how he was asleep under boisterous music blasting. Jeff sat up, confused with weary drowsy eyes rubbing them slowly and turning to whoever woke him up, but when he looked, he sighed in relief to see it was only DeVante who... he could tell was indignant at him.

"Uh... where's Haughton ?"Jeff inquired wearily, eyeing the missing spot next to him.

DeVante kissed his teeth."I can ask you the same thing, top-flight security, duh. He air quoted sarcastically to the sleepy nuisance before him.

      "I-I she was just right here next to me. He explained, confused.

      "Yeah, well, now she has the disappearing act of Whodini down packed because she's not here genius. He snorted, watching Jeff, who was frantic, She was supposed to say hi to Dalvin and come back, and you were supposed to be with her, sleeping beast. He air quoted again.

        "I was. And I'm beautiful. He pointed to himself. DeVante rolled his eyes; he didn't feel like joking and didn't want to be fooled right now. Jeff saw the lack of humor in his voice and face and cleared his throat. Look, I let her go to the bathroom by herself; I should have gone with her, but she protested and insisted she wasn't a little kid and could handle going to the lady's room alone. She was supposed to come back, though.