XXXI

◾️⬛️◾️⬛️◾️⬛️◾️CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

◾️⬛️◾️⬛️◾️⬛️◾️
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

God bless you, You make me feel brand new. For God blessed me with you
You make me feel brand new. I sing this song 'cause you. Make me feel brand new...

DEVANTE SAT IN his living room, hanging out in a comfortable position on his sofa with merely nothing to do for the first time in his life. He had no obligation on a Friday evening which was weird for someone who made it his mission to bury himself into music at all cost. Instead, it was writing down some new creation of words that suddenly popped into his mind one sunny day as if an angel from above literally gave it to him or closing himself off downstairs in his homemade studio experimenting with different beats that no human with ears on earth had never heard before because that was just how genius he was. He had no plans and didn't plan on making any, so he hoped none of the fellas he deemed essential wasn't planning on hitting him up and convincing him to join into their nightly fiestas because the answer, without a doubt, was no.

That's who he was. The homebody, The wallflower, or any other name K-Ci in the others came up from thin air. He liked it; neither was he complaining about it. He wanted time to himself, time to think and to embrace life a little... DeVante time as he called it. For anyone who wanted to know the definition of DeVante time, he didn't mind defining it for you, so listen carefully so he wouldn't have to repeat himself.

       DeVante Time | De•Van•Tay Tyme | Noun.

1. A few hit cinema classics from BlockBuster and ounces of Dirty Green chronic all to himself, meaning he didn't have to share. A large pizza preferably supremes a fifth of whatever liquor he was craving at the moment, and of course, his half-sleepy Pitts who slept in the corner with one eye open hoping their fellow master would drop some scraping for them to eat.

(DeVante time) to leave the hell alone.

He blew smoke from his nostrils as he enjoyed this new urban flick he and the guys had checked out last winter called "Juice" he enjoyed it so much that he made a reminder to rent it one day, or better yet, buy it when the film finally dropped on home video but since he hadn't gotten around to buying it due to his busy schedule renting it was a second option in which he did when he was out running errands.

DeVante loved the film, and oddly enough, the four friends put in his mind of him, K-Ci, Dalvin, and Jojo. I know it was strange right to think, but it did. He was drawn to the character Q because of their love of music and K as Bishop due to his fascination with chasing people around with guns through public places, and Dalvin as Raheem since Dalvin was pretty handy with women, he was cocky and bossy too.

And last Jojo as Steel, and before anybody says it, it had absolutely nothing to do with size but being the mellowness one in the group and the one who never seemed to be in the midst of all the drama but of course around it, unfortunately.