0.0.LII/Part One

—————————————CHAPTER-ZERO-ZERO-FIFTY-TWO—————————————

—————————————
CHAPTER-ZERO-ZERO-FIFTY-TWO
—————————————

                    SYBIL STRAIGHTENED her hair as best she could in the mirror before leaving to get herself ready. It was days like this one that made Aaliyah hate the fact that she had wavy hair. If she wanted it to lay flat, then it would curl. If she wanted it to curl, then it would frizz or lay flat. At this point in the game, she just didn't care.

                 She dressed quickly while she listened to the sound of the shower running and was in the middle of pulling on her shoes when there was a knock at the door. Opening it up she smiled at Gerald when he froze in the process of rubbing his forehead. "Good morning, Gerald."

          "Morning, I was expecting to see DeVante. So.... this is a VERY nice change."

             "Kind of like taking a drink expecting it to be coffee and you get Sprite instead?"

             Gerald chuckled."He's awake right?"

           "Yeah, I think he's showering as we speak. What time does he need to be down there?"

             Gerald checked his watch and thought for a moment."He has about twenty minutes before they'll all need to grab something to eat. We're rushing them because it takes four hours to get to the video shoot location and the heat outside will skyrocket later on making it impossible to shoot and it will only get worse the more we linger around on time.

           "Four hours? What? Are they shooting a video in Vegas or something?

               "Almost, Death Valley National Park, California – just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.

               Aaliyah's eyes grew. Death Valley? That's one of the hottest, driest, national parks and desserts in the United States. You can cook a Thanksgiving dinner on the ground and be able to eat leftovers tomorrow and it will still be warm enough to do so. I know, I once did a geography project on it, Tisk, and I was sweating while writing it.

           Gerald chuckled."Hey, I'm just the messager. Don't bite my toes off. He puts his hands up and surrenders.

        "Who's stupid idea was that anyway?

         "Mrs Harrell, who else? She and Sean Combs have complete control of this project.

         Aaliyah rolled her eyes not even stricken dumb by that. The teen was convinced the woman was intentionally trying to kill the group like a type of manic animal. No surprise why DeVante felt so treacherous around her. Aaliyah sighed. I'll let him know. He will be down there in no more than.... twenty minutes even if I have to drag him."