0.0.IX.VIII

CHAPTER ZERO ZERO NINE-EIGHT

THE TEEN WAS beyond furious, and on top of that, her tongue still burned with hot Tabasco pepper sauce edging down her throat like hot lava smoke. The few cups of ice water hadn't worked quickly or adequately enough in time, and because of that, she couldn't continue the song as planned.

       Luckily for her, DeVante ended up pushing the record progression of the song to another day anyway and knowing him, it probably had nothing to do with the spiking of her throat and more of his shattered chauvinist ego and the snide comment she had made about his sexist writing style. Either way, she couldn't afford to waste time thinking about the situation right now and pushed it far back into her mind as she thought of the many ways to get Smoke back once and for all.

Of course, Missy kept persuading her to drop the whole thing before someone ended up in the hospital emergency room. Which was bound to happen anytime soon at the speeding rate the two were going in.

"Maybe it's a sign that you should let it go and let that retard think he accomplished something. Missy snorted with a roll of her eyes as well. She was growing tired of the little prank war between the two and knew that it pretty much well had any signs of ending anytime soon than she hoped for. She knew Smoke all too well, which was how immature and goofy he was, and she also knew Aaliyah in a short period to know just how stubborn that little girl could be.

          Melissa had never seen the once shy and meek girl so determined before, and she could say without a doubt that Smoke officially brought out the worse than anybody could ever do. She was surprisedly a bit timid over what her friend had planned this time.

        "No way, Mi. And let him and his big-lip ego think they won this thing. She appeared in the doorway with a toothbrush in her mouth, scraping her tongue. I don't let anyone get one over me. I'm always one step ahead.

"So what let him have it. Nothing will compare to what we did to them. She snorted, laying back on her bed and tossing a sock ball into the air. We got pictures of them niggas looking like Ru Paul's drag contestant. We did what we said we were going to do, which was get revenge on those suckers for what they pulled. And if you ask me, that was full-on humiliation Smoke's annoying ass could never recover from. Let that fool have his mediocre daycare ass pranks.

"Trust me, I want to, but it's hard.

"Why ?" because he got yah ass back and looped one over you. Missy grinned. Aaliyah came out of the bathroom quickly across the hall folding her arms with a smear of toothpaste, sitting at the corner of her chin with low squinted eyes causing Missy to burst into full-on laughter. Aaliyah glazes into the bedroom mirror on the wall to see herself, and a crooked smile to the side appears. They both started laughing, and she could finally admit it was a bit hilarious keyword-only a little. It made her forget about her blow-up with DeVante earlier on, which she considered worse anyway.