XIIV

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Aw..... My... Amigas ......

          "IS THAT EVERYTHING, BABY? Diane questioned Aaliyah, who was stuffing items into her suitcase. Today she was heading back to Rochester, New York, to finish the album, and most would think she would have been jumping for joy knowing she was going back, but she wasn't.

       "Yup, and I made sure to grab this. Aaliyah held up her toothbrush and then tossing it into the suitcase. Diane chuckled."Good job, girly stinky breath is a no-go. She joked lightly and noticed Aaliyah didn't bulge a smile or laugh like she usually would have. Instead, she shrugged and zipped her suitcase up. Diane sighed, walking over to her. Aaliyah finally told her what transpired last Saturday without all the other details, of course, and Diane finally understood her hurt. She was her daughter, her joy and baby girl, and that was her job to be there and comfort her from whatever obstacles she may face in life. Still, being a woman, she wanted to make her daughter feel comfortable talking to her about anything without forcing it like her Husband. He was a man and a protective father over his Cubs, so it was understandable. She, on the other hand, didn't want Aaliyah pushing herself away from her because she felt Diane might not understand. She does understand because once upon a time ago, she was her daughter, and her daughter was her.

    "Are you gonna be alright ?"

     "I'm fine mom.

     "I just don't want this little situation bothering you all summer long, you know boys come and go Liyah. Diane said truthfully. She knew how much her daughter liked Chris but at the end of the day he was just a boy and she was gonna meet many more like him in the future unfortunately. On the flip side she would meet really good ones as well who will be sincere and loving to her, one day when the timing is right.