0.0.XXIV

CHAPTER-ZERO-ZERO-TWENTY-FOUR

"YEAH, MY BAD, What's good Suge? DeVante spoke into the phone as he sauntered into the kitchen for a quencher. As the heat accumulated on his bare Carmel skin as he stood outside in the kitchen. The hot air was unmistakable up here the minute he left the chilly temperatures of his nippy but the habitable basement.

   "Took your ass long enough. Suge chuckled his steely voice becoming known. Even when he wasn't angry or unnerve his voice nonetheless was still something not to fuck with. TUH, I thought you were sending me off on fucking purpose. I have been waiting on this bitch for two days. He said lace with sarcasm as DeVante chortled, he thought twice about unscrewing the top off his bottle and taking a drink, to walking up to the sliding doors. From his peripheral view he could see baby girl outside with the Pitts feeding and playing with them, she let them chase her around, and she fell on the grass in laughter as they licked all over her.

             He couldn't help but smile over the scenery.

            "NIGGA! Are you listening to me? Suge yelled into the phone snapping the producer out of his woolgathering. DeVante blinked quickly accumulating his thoughts.

             "Oh shit my bad, something snagged my attention for a moment. What's fucking good partner? DeVante grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite into the fruit. He wavered for an instant realizing he had a fruit bowl in his kitchen when he didn't at foremost, he would have never thought of having a fruit bowl in his house, a matter of fact he didn't know he even had fruit or he was a fruit person.

              TUH, ain't nobody but Aaliyah's doing.

                 "I should be asking you the same shit. He sounded off. DeVante jostled his head heretofore as his eyebrows furrowed upwards in perplexity.

               "What do you mean? What are you talking about?

                 "I mean you haven't said shit to me about this trip to L.A in a few days. I wanted to make sure you were still coming through or not. The last thing I want to be is disappointing in you. He spoke all indifferently that the male couldn't decipher if he was kidding or not. Even so, who in the hell did he think he was talking to like he was his damn daddy.

              "Nah I haven't forgotten. DeVante leaned on the counter and sighed. I just gotta a lot of shit I have to do first. However, Jodeci will be there. We TUH got Uptown commitments we gotta keep and shit. You already know how burdensome Andre is. DeVante exhales slowly thinking about the quandary he had for a boss.

                 "You know, I know. He said shortly with a snort of his lips. That's why you gotta reexamine your damn priorities and quit being a pushover and get some fucking real management that's going to take you and your group seriously. DeVante rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. He didn't have time to hear this typical ass lecture. Save the fucking complementary Suge because it's getting old. You're a remarkable producer Swing and a great producer, I tell you that all the time. Suge lingered. But ole big A got you doing mediocre r&b shit. You need to quit playing around and hop on this Hip-Hop shit. That's what's blowing up in music right now.