XXXVIII

▪️⬛️▪️⬛️▪️⬛️▪️CHAPTER-THIRTY-EIGHT

▪️⬛️▪️⬛️▪️⬛️▪️
CHAPTER-THIRTY-EIGHT

"U-S-I-N-G-Y-O-U

     AALIYAH DIDN'T hesitant to rush to her locker after the last bell rang, indicating the end of the day. She got up and grabbed her belongings, stuffing her ballet slippers and other dance items into her gym bag. Ballet and Modern Jazz was her last class of the day, and not only that, but it was the only class she shared with Jasmine, who was gathering her things but squinted her eyes some when she saw Aaliyah in a rush to leave class all of a sudden. Usually, the teen waited for her, and they would walk to their lockers together.

  "Good job today, Miss Haughton. Mrs. Harpo, the dance teacher, smiled and saluted the teen on her way out. And congratulations again. Aaliyah nodded and said, thank you. She was honestly growing tired of everybody telling her that all day as if she won the Detroit lottery and was moving to Beverly Hills somewhere. She went to her locker and put away some things, and grabbed her bag. She promised Chris she would meet him after school this afternoon to study together for finals at his house. And although it wasn't a date, it was still... Chris Bennett. Not only did she crush on him for years, but she figured he could keep her mind off DeVante for a while.

"Dang, girl, since when are you in a rush to get home. Jasmine lifted her brow and asked when she finally made it to her locker. Aaliyah zipped up her school bag and looked up, and smiled some.

"My bad, I guess I'm just happy school is finally out. I had an annoying day today.

"I would, too, if people kept coming up to me saying and giving me stuff. I can't believe these damn kids here. Jasmine scoffed and rolled her eyes. They ought to get punched in the mouth. Aaliyah chuckled. A few minutes later, Taylor approached wearing black sunglasses as if she was a superstar, and so did Natasha.

"Hola Chicas! She announced, doing a little catwalk with her hands on her hips. Look everyone the superstar has arrived.

Who in the hell does she think she is...

"Who?" Aaliyah. Tasha snorted. That's the only star I see.

"Whatever, I just came over to see if anybody wanted to join me at the mall this lovely afternoon. I'm in desperate need to swipe my card. It's been collecting dust for far too long, and I need a new wardrobe for the Summer.... Taylor said dramatically with glee.