0.0.XXVII

________________________  CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN   _______________________

  CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
   _______________________

"THANK YOU, Jeff. But I think I can take it from here. Aaliyah thanked the bulky bodyguard as she utilized the house key to let herself in. She had moderately a few bags in her hands but not too vastly, nevertheless, Jeff said no to staying in the car and not walking her in safely even if the door was only a few feet away. It was dark out and after all, it was his job to safeguard her at all costs.

                  She barged into the foyer and waved the bodyguard goodbye before shutting the door.

               Once inside it was quite dark on the inside practically as if no one was home. Nevertheless, the dogs as usual came to greet her which meant she wasn't alone after all. DeVante would have put them up otherwise if he wasn't going to be at home. So that was a good sign.

                   "Hey, babies did you miss mommy? She cooed to the dogs getting on her knees who jumped all over her the minute she came through the door. Okay okay, leave my bags alone there's nothing in there for either one of you, at least, not this time. I promise next time though. She giggled as they sniffed around her belongings. She lifted them with her free arms which were enmeshed in a display of shopping bags.

              She sat them on the floor by the table where she dropped the house key.

               "Mmmm... where's your Daddy, is he still working downstairs? Aaliyah muttered to herself sauntering through the entrance and into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water out of the fridge. She took a cold sip of water when she felt a frost draft on her shoulders.

                  Her eyes sauntered toward the open doors that led outside where the pool was. Aaliyah sat the water down and walked deliberately to the outside deck where somebody was sitting in the outside chair. At first, she was fearsome because she couldn't see them, and unexpectedly a leg was kicked out of the chair and she jumped back.

              However she recognizes the tan beige timberland boots, a beer bottle, and Bullet knocked out on the ground next to the chair, and next to him was a long arm touching and dangling freely on the grass. It was DeVante asleep outside.

                     She let out a sigh and lightly chuckled in relief it wasn't an intruder in the house.

                  Worst-case scenario right

             Aaliyah smiled to herself and walked over and jolted his shoulder gently. He jostled upwards and rub his foggy eyes as he squinted lowly to take a look at the teen.