IX

CHAPTER-NINE MI CASA SU CASA

CHAPTER-NINE
MI CASA SU CASA

           "YO K-CI, I'MA NEED YOU

"YO K-CI, I'MA NEED YOU. Come in a little harder on that last verse without going flat all right; Ay Tim played that trackback DeVante instructed, gripping his finger on the speaker button, making sure K-Ci could hear him loud and clear enough. He nodded without question, and DeVante positioned himself in his seat behind the soundboard as the music cut back on, and K-Ci began re-signing his verse again. Busy wasn't the correct term to describe how DeVante felt at the moment; more like exhausted was enough to express his feelings. A day and an hour haven't gone by that he didn't find himself cooped up in the studio nonstop, day on day laying down tracks for Diary Of A Mad Band. He felt beyond stressed out with all the heavy demands coming toward him but luckily for him, he wasn't the one to show weakness, especially when it came to music. The studio was like a second home to him; it was his sanctuary, and when he didn't find himself in it, he felt the slightest bit of emptiness in his heart.

DeVante sunken himself into deep thought, trying to figure out how to manage it all; he still had to meet Andre's deadline and drop a single in a few weeks. He and the fellas still hadn't come to a common ground on what single was strong enough to be dropped, and it led them to constantly bumped heads, finding themselves getting into heated arguments because they couldn't agree on shit. Sista's hot single Brand New was due to drop anytime now, and he hadn't even started the remix yet. And for some strange reason, Suge Knight had been calling his phone nonstop, trying to get in touch with him, which was odd to him because they never crossed paths and had never spoken before. He barely even knew Suge besides the stories he heard about him. It made him a bit curious to know what he wanted with an R&B producer when Death Row was filled with a majority of hip-hop artists. Either way, it goes he has yet to get back to his call and contemplated rather or not he should, even if, hopefully, it wasn't another project proposal.

He had already signed on to some future projects to produce some stuff for a couple of fresh new artists, with one being some young cat that Puffy had taken under his wing by the name of Usher Raymond. And last but not least, some vocally talented kid by the name of Tevin Campbell didn't know too much about him either besides the comparison people seem to make between him and Michael Jackson or some silly shit like that. The thing that seemed to trouble him the most was the lack of time he barely had to get Aaliyah's album done. He shamefully hasn't done so in the past two weeks due to Jodeci's schedules that seem to collide. Funky-ass Barry made it clear that he was aiming towards an early May release of next year, and so far, that was starting to seem impossible to DeVante, but of course, he wasn't going to be the one to tell him that.