Chapter - 2{Misery and Sorrow}

After stepping out of the cave Rimuru was wandering in the forest when suddenly a group of goblins asked him for help. Rimuru decided to help them, he defeated the Dire Wolfs. To show their sincerity Goblins and Dire wolves both swear their loyalty to Rimuru.

After becoming their leader Rimuru saw the condition of the Goblin's huts and decided to go to the Dwargon to hire some skilled craftsmen. Many want to join Rimuru in his journey but.

"Do you think you can handle someone whom even I can't handle"

The cold reply from Rimuru made them realize their foolishness. Rimuru visited the Dwargon. In Dwargon, he helped the dwarf name Kaijin in making ten long swords. And told him his request. (He reach the city earlier because he was traveling alone in his wolf form)

Kaijin accepted his request. At night they visited a pub where he finds out about his 'Destined One'.

The next day when he was about to leave the city with Kaijin a commotion broke out. An accident occurred in the mines and Kaijin Brothers got injured. To make the situation worse healing portion runs out of stocks.

Seeing the unrest Rimuru decided to secretly help them so that he didn't catch anyone's attention. He gave Kaijin some healing portion that he made and asked him to give the injured persons.

And with that, they leave the city.

The work of construction went smoothly and Rimuru was passing his day training none stop. The information that is collected from Goblins, Great Sage, and Kaijin made him realize ‘In this world only stronger can live’

So he was practicing his Skills at night while helping others during the day. He is a slime, he didn't need to eat, sleep or even breathe to live and he is taking full advantage of his special traits.

Great Sage is helping him in mastering his skills.

While hunting one day he found some humans in the forest. Not some random humans but his 'Destined One'

A herd of monsters was chasing after them, seeing their condition Rimuru decided to help them.

He killed the herd of monsters and took them to his Village.

While chatting with them he found out that his 'Destined One' name is ‘Shizue Izawa’ and she is an otherworlder.

Not only otherworlder but she is also an A-rank adventurer in this world. Rimuru was surprised as he heard. Because only a handful of adventures are considered A-rank. In other words, Shizue is strong. Insanely so, according to human standards of course.

While seeing the sunset he decided to join her. While chatting with her Rimuru showed her future Japan.

The next day when the trio and Shizue were about to leave the spirit inside Shizue started to rampage and took control of his body.

Rimuru eats the spirit name 'Ifrit' and separates him from Shizue's body but when he separates him from Shizue, Shizue's body started to age and she is in the break of her death.

Seeing her in pain Rimuru got angry. His only friend is about to die in front of him.

Great Sage do something. Anything will do.’

Rimuru shouted furiously, he didn't have any friends in his previous world, and in this world, his only friend is breathing her last breath in front of him. His heart shattered into million pieces seeing his friend dying.

Sensing his master's emotions and seeing her always cool-headed master losing control ‘Great Sage’ started to search for a method to save Shizue. It was her master order she have to do her best.