Chapter - 26{A new threat?}

When I reached Tempest I felt the presence of the Demoness trio and Diablo. So they finished their job, that was fast I didn't think they will crush Clayman's army that fast. Is Clayman's army that weak? Or is my army that strong. Fufufu either way we win and that's what matters the most.

When I reach the gate the Demoness Trio, Diablo and Rigurd were waiting for me in front of the gate. They bowed their head and get into one knee as they saw me.

""We humbly welcome Rimuru-Sama""

"Ah! Thank you"

"Whahaha. I'm back"

I and Veldora replied to them as Benimaru silently followed us. Seeing Rigurd standing side by side with the Demons my respect for him increases. He is giving the new air of authority and I like the new Rigurd.

"Thanks, Rigurd. I'm loving this new air of authority you're giving out"

"I'm not worthy of Rimuru-Sama praise"

I just praise him wholeheartedly and he looked embarrassed after hearing the praise. The Demoness trio looked jealous but didn't show it.

"I'm sure Rimuru-Sama is tired. I asked Haruna to make a meal for all of us. We can talk once Rimuru-Sama is refreshed"

"Thank you Rigurd"

"So I had him lead me through town"

Everyone we passed by was all smiles, ready to go into full-on party mode at the drop of a hat, but Geld and his team still weren't back from their mission. The full celebration could wait until later. For now, I could rest in the knowledge that one little problem, at least, was solved.

But I'm more concerned about the person who was manipulating Clayman. But I will think about it later.

Thus, I decided to sink into my hot-spring bath, enjoy the food Haruna prepared for me, give myself a mental recharge, and then listen to Diablo's report. The battle with Clayman ended in total victory for me, and that just left the establishment of Youm's new kingdom and Western Holy Church to deal with.

There would be new negotiations to consider shortly with the Beast Kingdom of Eurazania, with the Winged Nation of Fulbrosia, with the Dragon Faithful who worshipped Milim-but those all looked bound to end on friendly terms, so there was no need to fret much about them now.

"So, what have you been up to? I asked you to destroy the Kingdom of Farms and install Youm as its new king. If you abandoned that job and came back here, should I assume that to mean you need more resources?"

I asked Diablo as I enjoyed some post-dinner hot chocolate.

I was back in slime form for the first time in a while as I'm seating on a sofa in my office. If Diablo needed help, I figured someone like Souei could provide it. We had some leeway again for a change; no need to make Diablo fend for himself.

"No, no Rimuru-Sama the resources you gave me is more than enough"

"So why did you come back"

......

On that day, the world knew true terror once more. Veldora, the Storm Dragon, was reborn.

It had been formally revealed by the Western Holy Church, not long after the Guild announced the most recent missive from the demon lords. They had gone from ten to eight, forming an Octagram, and this alone was enough to spread chaos worldwide. It wasn't long before the kings of all nations were faced with vast, headache-inducing changes in the world situation changes that would continue for days on end.

The Western Holy Church itself was experiencing unrest like none in recent memory.

Several days after Hinata Sakaguchi's encounter with Rimuru, contact with Archbishop Reyhiem was cut off as he accompanied his kingdom's military deployment. He was required to submit regular reports, and if those reports were missing, something must have been going wrong with the Tempest invasion.