Fright!

My heart dropped when my secretary Janice got a hold of me 2 hours ago. I'd gone into the office with the intention of sorting out paperwork today, but there was an accident at a worksite upstate.

Once I arrived on the scene and saw the damage, I rushed from the jeep and began damage control. That's how I left my phone, which explains why the school was unable to reach me.

The moment Janice told me what happened, I raced back to the school, leaving Orville Browne the foreman in charge. When I walked in and saw the sleeping trio, a piece of the wall around my heart chipped away.

Aria was sleeping peacefully in the arms of her teacher. Her head was resting in her bosom and I wondered what it would be like to be in that position.

You think she's hot, don't you? My subconscious taunts , causing me to shake the inappropriate thoughts from my head.

She's a sleeping angel with a devilish mouth! That's exactly what that woman is! Even after getting home 2 hours ago, I am still pissed because of her comment earlier.

What the hell does she know about my life to think I don't love my child? Who made her judge, jury and executioner?

I swear to God, that woman has entered my life to torment my soul! Just one look from her is enough to slice me into bits and pieces when she's pissed. And don't even get me started on that mouth of hers!

Fill it up and she'll gag instead!

I guess being sassy and vile is her way of making up for her height. When she stepped to me outside the nurse's station, I wanted to taunt her, back her into a corner and see what she would do.

In all these years, no woman has evoked this type of reaction from me! Many have tried but failed miserably but she does it effortlessly. Plus she could nurse me back to health anyday in those damn tight scrubs!

Aria enters the kitchen where I am preparing dinner for both of us. Since her stomach is still unsettled, I decided to make chicken soup.

"Daddy, are you mad at Miss Adams?" She asks pouting.

I'm a bit taken aback by her question, how can she possibly pick up on the bad vibe between us. "No baby, why do you ask?" I quiz.

She begins twisting her fingers, refusing to look at me. "I saw how you looked at each other. You were upset and you called her a demon."

Oh shit! I run my hands down my face defeated. How was I supposed to know that she soaks things up like a sponge? I had to think fast, "I didn't mean that literally hunny, it's something adults do all the time."

She narrows her eyes at me as if sifting through my bullshit response. "Well I don't like it. She's very nice, I like her Daddy."

I was saved from responding by Olivia's FaceTime call. Aria's face lights up immediately as she grabe the iPad and gets situated in her play area.

They talk for what seems like hours and I was zoned out until Aria mentioned today's incident! The little tattletale even ratted me out for calling her teacher a demon! Olivia speaks to her for a few more minutes before she hands me the device and escapes upstairs.

Olivia seems very perplexed as I glance at the screen. "Hey Liv, how are you feeling?" I ask while acting busy.

Liv rolls her eyes, "I'm perfectly fine Jonas but I heard you've resorted to name calling!?" Her voice rises a bit, she's pissed.

"Liv, I'm sor-" She cuts me off. "Sorry my ass! What if it was more serious than a stomach bug Jonas? I'm not always going to be around you know." She reasons

Sighing, I run my hand down my face and sit giving her my undivided attention. "And why would you call her a demon with Aria within earshot? You must be out of your goddamn mind!"

This is not going to end soon, these days I only seem to be on Olivia's bad side. "In my defense, she is! You weren't there Liv, her mouth is vile! She gets under my skin with mere words Liv, words! And don't get me started on her attitude!" I rant.

Silence ensues and I glance at the screen to see Olivia smiling. "What are you smiling about?"
She shrugs her shoulders,"I like her for you, it's about time you met your match."

Before I can reply, Olivia cuts the call while laughing. She could not be serious about that woman being my match, I wouldn't touch her with a long stick.

But you only need to use your dick!

Shaking the dirty thought from my head, I fetch Aria for dinner. She's laying across her bed with a storybook.

"Hey kiddo, it's time for dinner." I say, sitting beside her. She nods her head and goes to wash her hands.

I'm about to leave the room when she screams inside the bathroom. I rush to her aide,only to find her vomiting again. Aria hunches over the toilet while using her hands to hold her weight.

Dropping to my knees, I begin rubbing circles on her back while holding her hair back. She hurls once more before I flush the toilet. Aria crawls unto my lap immediately, rendering me helpless.

Moving to the sink, I place her on the counter after rinsing her mouth. Grabbing her toothbrush, I gently brush her teeth then discard the toothbrush.

"I feel better now Daddy." She tries to reassure me with a smile while I battle with my feelings internally.

"Okay sweetheart, let's try some soup and see how that goes." I peck her forehead and head downstairs with her head tucked into my shoulder.

Thankfully, she manages to keep everything down and the rest of the night remains uneventful. Aria asks me to read her a bedtime story then decides to sleep in my room. It all feels foreign to me as she usually stays in the confines of her castle.

As we settle in, I kiss her forehead. "I love you my princess, goodnight."

Aria gently caresses my face and smiles, "I love you too Daddy." This moment manages to chip away yet another piece of my calloused heart.

-------