Motivation

Jonas has been on a call for the last 30 minutes so I busy myself watching a movie, trying not to eavesdrop. I was pissed at him but since he opened up, I'm beginning to see him in a better light.

On the other hand, I'm worried about Aria since there's a possibility she may get hurt if her identity falls in the wrong hands. Plus, I still believe Jonas needs to be there more for her as a father figure. I won't get into that with him tonight though as he's already stressed.

Feeling a bit famished despite having dinner early, I decide to make a sandwich and a smoothie to ward off the effect of the wine. I can hold my liquor pretty well but I know my limit, especially since I'm on my second bottle.

Yep, that's the shit I do since I have no social or personal life. Jennifer may be right after all, I need to get some good dick!

Grabbing bread, cheese, lettuce and a tomato from the fridge with jerk chicken pastrami, I whip up the sandwich quickly. Next I grab my frozen berry mix and some diced pineapples to make a smoothie.

Once I'm done, I return to the living room and place it unto the centre table. My bladder chooses that time to make its appearance so I head to the bathroom. After handling my business, I wash my hands and face then pat it dry.

I return to the living room to see Jonas wolfing down the last of my sandwich as he sips my smoothie! Placing my hands on my hips, I tackle him. "You did not just eat my food!" I say lowly.

He offers a sheepish grin, shrugging his shoulders as well. "Girl chill, a man's gotta eat and I couldn't resist."

His dimpled cheeks catches me off guard, along with his straight white teeth. I roll my eyes and plop myself unto the couch huffing. This literally feels like rushing home and opening the fridge only to realise your leftovers have been eaten!

Jonas finishes the smoothie and places the cup unto the centre table. He leans back in the couch and stretches his long legs out.

"You saved a brothas life girl! I owe you one." He smiles disarming me in the process. How did I not realise how handsome he was before now?

Because you were too busy being a bitch!

His phone pings and he smiles broadly. "I hope you like Chinese, I'll let you have it since I ate your food."

I chuckle, "No worries, it seems I saved your life after all."

He beams at me, "You did for real. There's no way I can survive off finger food, coffee and fruits during meetings."

A horn honks outside at the same time his phone dings. He gets up and heads to the door immediately. Before long, he re-enters the room with two boxes.

One holds noodles with sweet and sour chicken while the other had chicken chop-suey. I choose the latter and he celebrates, stating he really didn't want to give up his noodles.

Conversation flows easily between us from thereon and I realise he's a great guy. He's easy to talk to and very respectful which is a huge difference compared to my previous life.

As I sit looking at him, I wonder if I will ever be brave enough to take the plunge once again. I'm damaged cargo, the scars are a daily reminder and my nightmares hold me captive periodically. I've always used that as an excuse not to date, not to open up to anyone and to keep my walls high.

Jonas waves his hand before my face, breaking my chain of thoughts. "Are you okay, you seemed very lost just now." He asks, concern lacing his voice.

I chuckle nervously, "Ahh, yes I'm fine. I tend to veer off sometimes."

He pouts and it's actually cute, "That means I'm terrible company then."

Shaking my head, I can't help the smirk that forms on my lips. "If you were, I would've kicked your ass out long ago."

Jonas guffaws, throwing his head back while holding his stomach. Suddenly, he's so close that his breath fans my cheek. "Damn! I'd like to see you try that Latoya. Look at us." A lopsided grin etches his features, making my stomach clench with need.

Instead of replying, I hurriedly clear the plates and head to the kitchen. My body is literally tingling all over, I'm surprised I'm not having a panic attack. He's the only man who's come this close to me and I'm not repulsed.

A cold breeze flurries through the kitchen window and instantly my nipples are erect. My camisole is really not helping the situation at this point either. As I turn around to head upstairs, Jonas is standing by the island. His eyes travel down to my chest and he just stares.

I'm lost in the moment as his hands grip the counter, causing his biceps to bulge. In that moment, I realise that this man is dangerous for me. He licks his lips and I clear my throat awkwardly.

He glances away immediately, scratching the back of his head as his eyes remain downcast.

"Ummm, I...I think I'm gonna head out since Aria is sleeping." Jonas says, still not meeting my eyes.

I purse my lips, feeling sexually frustrated and disappointed with myself for allowing him to affect me this much.

Clenching my thighs together, I perch on a nearby stool. " Yeah that's cool. You can pick her up in the morning, just bring fresh clothes for her." My voice is monotonous, causing him to look at me.

Instantly, I turn my head away, evoking a dejected sigh from him. He bids me goodnight, doesn't wait for a response then let's himself out.

I wait a few minutes before I force my legs to move. I bolt, then lock the door before heading upstairs to cuddle the two intruders in my bed.

----------