Cruel Intentions

It has been two weeks since I've been watching Jonas and his perfect family, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

He's mistaken if he thinks that old bat crashed by accident last month. I told Ryder to ensure it was fatal but the asshole fled the scene prematurely.

They say if you want something to be done properly, you gotta do it your damn self. I waited that night for the news report but imagine my surprise when no casualties were reported!

By the time I sent him to finish the job, she was already out of reach in a private room.

I loathe Jonas Leimont with every fibre of my being! He has managed to upstage me on several  occasions and I don't take kindly to losing or being embarrassed.

The straw that broke the camel's back came when he won all the contracts I had my eyes on!

This is why I vowed to eliminate all my competitors one by one!

A knock sounds on the office door and Alice my personal assistant walks in.

"Sir, the KaiLo Group is set up in Room 2. Ready when you are." She says in a business tone.

Nodding, I grab my folder and head out with her. "Thanks Alice, let's hope today will be a good day."

With that we head to the meeting to pitch my proposal to them. They're from Los Angeles and are looking to build a resort. Once I cinch this deal, we'll have enough money to clear our debt and reinvest.

We enter the room, exchange pleasantries then get straight into the presentations. After an hour of questions and deliberations, we conclude and Mr. Henkel promises a decision within a week.

As I exit the room, I spot Ryder waiting in the lobby looking rather shabby if you ask me. Rolling my eyes, I quickly instruct Alice, "Get him out of here before they see him."

Understanding the urgency, she struts ahead quickly while I guide the men towards the breakroom.

Once they're done eating, Alice signals me from the door with a thumbs up. We both see the men out before I storm to my office like a raging bull.

Banging the door open, I narrow my eyes at Ryder. "How many times do I need to tell you don't show up here looking like you've just crawled out of the sewers?" I shout, making him flinch.

He starts twisting his hands nervously, shifting uncomfortably on the couch as well. "Sorry Boss..."He averts his gaze, "But I have news."

Sighing I plop unto my chair which squeaks. "Lead with that next time. What is it?"

Ryder grins like a Cheshire cat, "They're traveling to New York soon for a Ball." He retrieves a crumpled newspaper leaf from his pocket.

Grabbing it from him, I spot the article's headline "LeiJas Industries to host Annual Charity Ball in New York!"

A grin spreads across my face as I realise that they have created the perfect opportunity for me.

Usually my father would make public appearances but now that I've assumed leadership, I will definitely attend.

"Good boy." I say patting Ryder on his greasy head like a dog. He smiles crookedly in response.

"Anything for you boss. I will call the boys and let them know we're coming home." He says happily.

During my hiatus from the company, I lived in New York and let's just say, by going certain places you get to meet certain people.

Ryder actually tried to rob me as I left Black Knights club one night but I clubbed his ass. He's been my lapdog  and hitman ever since.

"We're gonna stay in Queens. Tell them to prep the warehouse." He nods, retrieves his phone from him jacket and starts making calls.

Just as he concludes, my father barges into the office. "Who the fuck is this?" He asks, not hiding his obvious disgust.

Sighing, I walk over to the window. "Dad, don't be a prick. This man was outside begging so I'm trying to help him." I state blandly.

He scoffs, "Drop the act..." He says to me before pointing at Ryder. "And you, get the fuck out!"

Ryder scurries out without a moments hesitation. Rolling my eyes, I sit on the edge of my desk.

"To what do I owe this pleasure Father?" I ask in an annoyed tone. Although he's no longer running the company, he keeps barging in as if he still owns the place.

He sits on the opposite side of the couch Ryder just vacated. "I heard about Henkel. Is he in?"

Can nobody keep their fucking mouths shut anymore? My subconscious asks with a huff.

"Ask whoever told you about the meeting." I smirk as his anger surfaces.

"You ingrate! Don't forget I put you in that seat and I can fucking take you out."

He stands abruptly, "Your mother wants you over for dinner. Try not to be late this time, I can't take the bitchin."

With that he walks out, slamming the door behind him. My breathing becomes labored as I imagine a thousand ways to kill the imbecile.

He's my father but for a man who has been in this world for so long he's too dense and trusting.

Not only that but he's been cheating on my mother for the last 10 years and thinks I've no idea. He even created a second life with the bitch and their bastard daughter.

If he thinks they will get a penny once he's dead, they are all sadly mistaken!

Just then my subconscious gives me the perfect idea. Kill two birds with one stone in New York boss!

A smile breaks free on my face and I stroke my cheek as I draft a new plan:

1. Kidnap the bitch and ask for a hefty ransom.
2. Kill my sperm donor.

A guttural laugh escapes me as I realise my troubles will be over sooner rather than later.

------------
My Loves,

I made a grave error...This chapter was supposed to be released before the last update...

Perdoname!😪😒😪

Xoxo
JDeCosta
💜