Blessing

I must've  died and gone to heaven because I literally feel at peace. The air is crisp and clean, I feel absolutely great and a surge of happiness is coursing through me.

Stretching my hand as I wake from my slumber, I quickly halt as there is a stinging sensation on my left hand. So much for being in heaven right?

I slowly peel my eyes open and the bright lights obscure my vision wickedly. Raising my right hand, I cover my eyes and groan in frustration.

"Ahh, can someone turn these damn lights off!" I mumble as I slowly open my eyes once more.

A soft chuckle sounds from beside me and my heart skips a few beats. ORBYN.

"How long have you been there pervert?" I sass causing him to laugh loudly this time.

He pecks my chapped lips, my cheeks and my forehead. "Long enough to sprout grey hairs!"

I chuckle and carress him jaw before getting serious. "What happened? How bad is it?"

Orbyn looks at me with pure unadulterated love ahining in his eyes and I feel tears sting my eyes. Steeling my resolve, I brace myself for the disheartening news.

He places his hands across my stomach and simply smiles. A million thoughts course through my mind but the most dominant one is : Has he accepted my infertility fully?

God! I love this man, mind, body and soul!

Orbyn smiles as he caresses my stomach, "We're having a miracle baby amor!"

Say it louder hun, I don't think she heard you! My subconscious squeals in excitement but I'm too shocked to even utter a mono syllable.

He must have sensed my shock as he leans his head to my stomach before grabbing my hand in his. "Anna baby, it's true and the prognosis is good."

Tears finally start streaming down my face as realization dawns on me. I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER. ME! ANNA!

Grabbing Orbyn's shirt, I pull him to me and hug him as I cry uncontrollably. He partially sits on the side of the bed and hugs me to him. My neck soon becomes wet from his tears as he cries silently.

After what seems like forever, I manage to pull away from him just as a soft knock echoes in the room, followed by Dr. Martin coming in.

"Ahh, look who's back from the otherside!" She says cheerfully before staring at my tear stricken face.

She pouts, "I hope those are tears of joy because in nine months your lives will change!"

Orbyn wipes his face and stands up to his full height to face her. "I can't wait to meet our baby!"

She proceeds to check my vitals then writes up my chart. "I'm gonna prescribe some pre natal vitamins that you need to start right away."

I nod, watching as she writes the prescription and hands it to Orbyn who eagerly takes it.

"Once you finish that bag..." She points to the drip, "I'll write up your discharge papers and please, no strenuous activities!"

With that, she exits the room and a pregnant pause permeates the room.

My hands subconsciously touch my stomach as I process everything. Glancing up, I smile as Orbyn watches me with a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"We're really gonna be parents in a few months!" I finally say and he rubs his head nervously.

Narrowing my eyes, I look at him warily.  "What's the matter hun?"

Orbyn scratches the back of his head nervously, "I really hope it's a boy!"

I guffaw and clutch my stomach protectively. "Here we go, next you'll say we'll have  daughter and then you'll both say she can't date til she's 30 right?"

Rolling my eyes, I toss the crisp, white sheet back and attempt to stand. When no response is forthcoming, I snap my fingers at him.

His phone rings interrupting our little spat. He turns the screen to show Latoya's contact. "It's her tenth call in the last two hours."

Sighing, I take the phone and answer. "Hey sis, what's up?"

She starts ranting about me not answering her calls, how she felt like something was wrong and then took a deep breath when she notices my silence.

"Our phones were on silent, I'm sorry and everything is okay." I cross my fingers as I tell her the white lie.

She sighs in relief, "Thank God! I got spooked when I dreamt that you were in the hospital in a coma."

My heart skips a beat, this telepathic sister shit is real I tell ya! Orbyn eyes me warily, he knows she's going to be ballistic when I finally tell her the truth.

Latoya and I talk for a few more minutes before I bid her goodbye with a promise to cook her dinner on Sunday.

I only agreed because she's almost full term and it's Olivia's turn anyway. Apparently she too needs to talk to us about a few things.

The moment I hand the phone to him, Orbyn raises a brow. "Think she bought it?"

I sigh, "Let's hope so. I'll figure this shit out soon."

He helps me to the bathroom then leads me back to the bed. I think my soul has been sold to the Devil! This is shaping up to be nine months of pure bliss as I know he's going to spoil me rotten.

Smirking, I down the bottle of water he hands me then sigh contentedly.  "These next few months will be our baby moon!"

Orbyn chuckles and helps me back into the bed, "Yup!" He smirks , "Thanks to my super sperm of course."

I slap his arm and lean back into the bed. "We're gonna be great parents."

He nods in agreement then I scoot over, allowing him to climb in behind me. His hand immediately finds my stomach and he starts rubbing small circles unto it.

Thirty minutes later Dr. Martin returns with my discharge papers and we head home. While en route, we start talking about nursery ideas, names and then it dawns on us:

How will we balance our line of work with a child?

---------
Hey Loves,

Happy New Year and I wish you guys all the best!🥰🫠🥰

Thanks for your continued support!
Remember to comment, vote  and please share this and other stories!!!

Xoxo
JDECOSTA
💜