TGIF?

It's now Friday and as much as I love teaching, I gotta say TGIF! I'm wiped out and I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. These kids have managed to wipe the floor with my ass! No matter the amount of work I throw their way, they manage to get it done, and correctly too.

Aria's been back and she's such a ray of sunshine!  She's got my ovaries in a damn frenzy but I'm not giving in, despite Kairo's pleas for a baby sister.

I sit at my desk watching as they finish their class work. They keep watching the clock so I know for sure that they are just as eager to get the hell out of dodge. As if on cue, the school bell  blares loudly through the speakers and the classroom is filled with shrieks.

"Calm down guys, pack your stuff away now." I said smiling.

A chorus of yes Miss Adams fills the room and I shut my laptop down immediately after closing the tab with my lesson plan.

Once they're done, everyone gets up to form a line so that they can leave in an orderly fashion.
Everyone except Aria, that is.

The classroom empties quickly, leaving us alone so I approach her. "Hey Aria, aren't you gonna get ready to go?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders and lays the jumbo pencil on the desk. "Daddy is always late so I can take my time." I resist the urge to roll my eyes and utter the name I've given him.

I ruffled her hair and smile at her in a reassuring manner. "Don't worry honey, I'll make sure he's not late today." Aria looks at me doubtfully.

Kairo enters the classroom and I ask him to grab my phone. Once he hands it to me, I ask Aria for her Dad's number which she gladly gives to me.

Her and Kairo become engrossed in a conversation about Transylvania so I take the opportunity to slip from the room. Taking a deep breath, I dial the number and wait for the asshole to pick up.

Unfortunately, the phone is unanswered after two attempts. I walk back to the door to peer inside and the kids are now coloring at my desk.

As I'm about to reenter the classroom, my phone begins to ring, the caller ID says Jonas Leimont.

"Hello, good afternoon." I say politely. I can hear the distinct sound of papers shuffling on the other end of the line. "Hi, I missed a few calls from this number." He says in a business like manner.

I roll my eyes in annoyance, knowing full well he is still at his office. "Mr. Leimont, this is Ms. Adams, Aria's teacher. School is out early for the day, it's Friday."  He groans loudly, causing me to hiss my teeth.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I forgot that school ends at 2pm and I'm an hour away at a meeting." He sighs exasperatedly.

I take a deep breath before responding, "What do you think will happen to Aria for the next hour sir?" I say through gritted teeth. My question is met with silence and I realise he's muted the call!

Moving the phone from my ear, I call him a few nasty names before hanging up. I wait for atleast 10 minutes and he doesn't call back! What an asshole!

The school premises is practically empty by now as even the custodian has left! My anger is boiling at this point so I order the kids to pack up to leave. They're excited to spend more time with each other but I ignore their squeals.

We head to the car and I quickly type a message to the biggest asshole I know:

Aria is with me since I can't leave her ALONE here you prick! I'll be taking them to the park.
#SheDeservesBETTER.

Once they're strapped in, I drive towards the park where I get them cotton candy and snow cones. Once they devour them, they begin to play, moving swiftly between the slide and jungle gym.

Grabbing my iPAD, I resume reading my book on WattPad and soon I'm lost. Occasionally, I glance up to ensure they're both fine before checking the time. After 2 hours, dusk settles in so I take them to Fish Tale Grill for dinner.

I'm yet to receive a response from Jonas and his nonchalance is really rubbing me the wrong way. Kairo orders his favorite, Coconut Shrimp with mango coconut sauce, Aria opts for a Tuna Melt while I stuff my face with Chicken Cordon Bleu.

For dessert, they ask me to choose so I order Key Lime Pie, Creme Brulee and Italian Cheesecake. Just as we're heading out, Jennifer calls my burner phone. I usher them into the car quickly before stepping away to answer.

"Hey Jen, is everything okay?" I ask panicking. She chuckles, "Girl relax, I'm just checking on you guys." She pauses to reply to her son, "Plus it's Friday, how was school this week?".

I smiled genuinely, "Girl we're both good plus Kairo's been bugging me for a sister ever since he met Aria."

Jennifer guffaws, "That's my boy! But who's Aria?"

I groan, as talking about her will only remind me of her father. "She's in my class, she's such a gem Jen! But her father is such a pain in my ass!" I stomp my foot for emphasis even though she can't hear.

"Well, I definitely need to meet him just because he's gotten under your skin!" Jennifer chuckles but I hiss my teeth.

"Girl bye!If he treats her better then I might even like his ass!" I chuckle since I know it's highly unlikely.

We talk a bit longer until Kairo pops his head out the window. "Mom, Aria is asleep. Can we go now please?"

I hold my finger up to him pointing to the phone, he nods and sits down. Jennifer bids me goodbye, promising to call back in the morning.

Hopping into my jeep, I fix Aria's head so her neck won't hurt when she wakes up then I drive off. Traffic was light so we got home in less than 10 minutes.

Kairo runs ahead to open the door once I park then I retrieve Aria's sleeping form to bring her inside. I place her down gently on my bed, remove her sandals then throw a fleece over her.

I sit at her feet, just admiring Aria and I begin to wonder if I'll ever trust anyone enough to have a relationship or even another child. Minutes later, Kairo rushes into my room in his pjs with water droplets running from his hair.  He attempts to climb unto the bed.

"Hey, hey back up! You need to dry your hair properly or you're gonna get sick." He purses his lips but runs into my en suite to use my towel.
Once he's done, he exits and climbs unto the bed beside Aria.

"Mommy, can Aria be my sister?" His question renders me speechless for a minute.

"Umm, baby that's not possible. She's not my daughter and she has her Dad so she can only be your best friend."

He sighs disappointed, "Okay then. She's still like a baby sister though."

I smile and tuck him in then head downstairs to grab a glass of wine or even the whole damn bottle at this point.

------