Backbone!

Anna's POV

Today's the fourth and I'm currently holed up in the secret room of Latoya's house. She's aware of my presence but I can't exit until Jonas heads home with Aria.

Kairo is upstairs doing his homework, so I use the time to check in with my team. They managed to track Paul and Winston to Mexico, so I'm waiting on the opportune time to neutralize them.

If it's the last thing I do, Latoya and Kairo will not live their lives looking over their shoulders. I've crossed professional lines and protocols but I don't give a shit anymore. Director Vandou sanctioned these hits before he was relieved of duties by corrupt players.

Just a few days later, they had him killed in an alleged car accident. What they didn't know, was that he sent me a file minutes before that I can use to take them down.

I've been playing the field, acting like I betrayed him while taking out people for them until I resigned from the agency.

They are next on my list, I will avenge him and Adrian and I'll be sure they all die a painful death!

The front door opens and Jonas steps out while Aria hugs Latoya bye and heads to the car. They steal a quick kiss and I giggle as he squeezes her ass.

They exchange goodbyes and as soon as she closes the door, I step out.

"Bitch, you fucked him didn't you!" I grill crossing my arms against my chest.

Latoya's face instantly becomes beet red, so she couldn't deny it even if she tried. "Oh Anna, he's no good for me!" She groans but smiles.

Chuckling, I hug her to my side as we head to the couch. "Come on, tell momma what's not good for you." I say teasingly.

Latoya slaps my arm before plopping down unto the couch. "His dick has me hooked!..." She tousles her hair sighing, "...and don't get me started on his sinful mouth!"

I couldn't hold back my laughter and tried to calm down. "Damn! You wet his dipstick once and bam!"

Latoya covers her face in embarrassment. "Bitch how many times did y'all fuck?!" I demand, ripping her hands from her face.

She grabs a cushion and plants her face unto it. "Three times." She admits.

A squeal escapes me, "Bitch where did you find all that time to fuck with those two busybodies?"

I can't begin to describe how I feel seeing her this happy, seeing Kairo happy after all they've been through.

Latoya averts her eyes and gets up heading to the kitchen. "That's the thing Anna, it's 3 times in one night." She pouts, "And it's been over a week since."

I laugh loudly as she pours us some wine,"Bitch you're suffering from withdrawal! No more dick!"

Latoya rolls her eyes and hisses her teeth. "Why am I even telling you shit!"

Deciding to push her buttons I reply, "Wait til I tell Jen!"

She glares at me, "You wouldn't dare! It's bad enough that I have to deal with you!"

Shrugging, I sip my wine and start eating the grapes she plated for me. "Whatever floats your boat."  Latoya huffs at my response, she knows me well enough to know gonna tell Jen anyway.

We settle unto the couch and talk about the kids for a while before moving on to the matter at hand.

"There's something you need to know." I say seriously, causing her to adjust her posture.

"What happened since you left?" She asks.

Sighing, I down the rest of the wine before laying all cards on the table. "Winston escaped a week ago..." The glass slips from her hand crashing to the floor.

"Whh..what...what? I don't think I heard you right." She stutters and moves to pick up the glass shards but I stop her.

"It's true, he's in Mexico and so is Paul and Monica."

Latoya runs a hand through her hair, seemingly frustrated by the turn of events. "What are we gonna do Anna, what if they find us?" She starts getting hysterical.

Grabbing her hand, I signal her to take deep breaths to calm down. Once she's calm, I relay my plan.

"You know I'd die before letting those bastards get to you or Kairo." She nods. "Paul already got your death certificates so I'm pretty sure by now Winston would have tapped his mail and got them too."

She sighs in relief. " But there's no guarantee we'll be safe still, especially if they're gonna continue to move around."

I smile because I'm already ten steps ahead. "Don't worry, Winston is out for revenge so as soon as he kills Paul or vice versa, I'll take out the last man standing."

Latoya purses her lips, in deep thought. "So it's a wait and see game then."

I nod, then refill my wine glass. " Don't worry about it. I gotchu boo!"

She chuckles and I disappear as I hear Kairo coming downstairs. "Mommy! Where are you?" He shouts.

Latoya rises from the couch, "I'm right here kiddo. What's up?"

He's seemingly sad, "Can we go to see Aria please. She's sick."

Latoya gasps, "What? But she was fine when she left." She grabs her phone, dialing what I presume to be Jonas' number.

"Hey...." She pauses, "Oh no." They talk for a few minutes more before she hangs up.

"Well it looks like Aria is gonna be okay afterall." She places her hands on her hips with a scold mauling her features.

Kairo manages to muster a smile but rushes upstairs when Latoya moves to smack him. I guess those two didn't know they needed an air tight alibi.

Once he's out of earshot, I exit the secret room once more. "Leave my poor baby alone." I warn Latoya jokingly.

She hisses her teeth, "He thinks he's slick, but wait til I catch him and Aria tomorrow."

We talk for a while longer before I slip through the backdoor, but not before teasing her.

"Be sure to get some dick before I return..." She flips me the bird, causing me to laugh. "Makes you less grumpy!"

Latoya scoffs as she slams the door and clicks it shut.

-----------