Twisted!

Latoya's PoV

Jonas and I were laughing as we exited the movie theater. It felt really good to be blissfully happy after all the shit we've been through.

That bliss immediately dissipated when my eyes connected with him! What the hell is he doing here?

I stiffen against Jonas and grab his arm in shock. He looks at me concerned, then follows my line of vision. A quizzical look crosses his face but I can't even find words to speak.

Just when I thought this shit was over! My subconscious shrieks and stomps her feet in frustration!

He's unmoving but I still perceive him as a threat. I take slow steps backwards pulling Jonas with me. He complies, I guess he senses the presumed danger.

My eyes never leave him as we mount the steps one by one, moving back toward the entrance of the theater.

People are milling about, talking, laughing and even eating without a care in the world. I dart my eyes around assessing the area and my heart lurches when I spot children running around the benches while their parents chat idly.

Oh no! God please no!

Jonas pulls me closer to him. "Babe, what's happening? Who is he?" He asks lowly.

Panic consumes me as flashbacks slam me, fraying mind and rendering me speechless. At this point, tears are trailing down my face in torrents but I can't even feel them.

I'm numb with fear!

Jonas pushes me behind him gently, squaring off with him while I watch and pray. As soon as we step unto the landing, he speaks.

"I'm not here to hurt you."

A chill runs up and down my spine  and I feel my stomach drop. Could this just be a ploy? Are there more men lurking in the shadows?

I start looking around anxiously, adjusting my stance incase there is an attack.

Jonas glances back at me. "Babe, deep breaths." He urges as I take several deep breaths.

Once I regain control of my breathing, I rest a trembling hand on his shoulder. "He...he...he was working with Clyde."

Jonas stiffens and I could literally feel the anger rolling off of him in torrents. I tighten my hand on his shoulder and whisper, "I pressed the panic button."

He nods his head but widens his stance, sizing up the bastard who now stands below us.

"Kidnapping her wasn't enough?" Jonas seethes and the coldness of his voice surprises even me.

He looks at us apologetically then hangs his head in shame. "I'm truly sorry for everything."

Am I hearing right?

He raises his head and his facial expression is seemingly sincere. I'm almost inclined to believe him!

Once bitten twice shy!

"Why..."I pause to control my voice because I'm trembling. Anna would surely knock me the fuck out if she ever heard me right now.

Clearing my throat, I continue. "Why should I believe you?"

In one swift move, he pulls his shirt down and Jonas pushes me back swiftly and draws his gun.

Tha fuck? When did he get a gun?

Relief floods me as I see red, scarred skin instead of a suicide vest!

"Is that supposed to mean something?" Jonas snarls.