Redemption

Anna's PoV

My team and I arrived in Culiacan two days ago and it took less than 4 hours to locate the fuckers.

We tracked their every move until the showdown which resulted in Winston being killed mercilessly. I had  finally gotten the chance to slit his throat, but Miles deserved it more after what I learnt.

Everyone  was too busy collecting their winnings to realize the house was surrounded and the guys outside were dead.

On my signal, Orbyn my second in command cuts the  power to the house. Night vision comms allowed us to take everyone out easily, leaving Paul and Monica gripping each other.

Once all threats were neutralized, the power was restored with me sitting on the sofa acting nonchalantly.

Paul pushes Monica behind him in a protective manner, and I smirk then shake my head.

"It's funny how you protect this bitch but you failed to protect your own flesh and blood." I say with a slight Spanish accent.

His eyes widen and he gulps in fear as I retract my serated knife from the holster on my leg.

"Who are you? And what do you know about my daughter?" He grills, clenching and unclenching his fists.

I chuckle as Orbyn enters with his gloc trained on Monica. His balaclava and full black ensemble reveals nothing but his cold blue piercing eyes.

"Who I am is not important Paul." I rise to my feet swiftly. "But you should be worried about what I'm here to do."

Pointing the knife towards Monica, I beckon her forward. She attempts to move but Paul fastens his grip on her wrist, causing me to tsk.

"Monica, I presume Paul knows nothing of what you did to Janice?" I smirk as her face pales.

Her breath hitches and Paul turns to look at her questioningly. "What is she talking about Monica?" He grates out, narrowing his eyes at her.

Monica quivers and steps back from him, her movement causes tears to trickle down her now ashen face.

She starts wringing her hands together, a nervous wreck if you ask me.

"Speak up bitch!" I seethe, running my slender fingers down the side of the blade.

"Pau...Paul I..I.. didn't have a choice." She stutters, trying to plead to him.

He runs a hand through his hair, obviously disturbed and distressed.

Wait til he hears the gory details!

Monica sinks to the floor, "They made me hurt her several times, lie to the Police and the doctors at the hospital." She clamps a hand over her mouth to stifle her wails.

Paul clenches and unclenches his fist, anger pouring off him in waves. "You what?! How could you?" He bellows, causing her to shrink  away from him in fear.

He grabs her neck, squeezing forcefully despite her gasping for air and scratching his hands. "You knew my hands were tied and you hurt her instead of helping!"

Tears stream down his face and I'm almost moved by this display. Paul releases her throat and she gasps loudly, coughing incessantly.

I decide to play devil's advocate, "None of you helped her when she needed you the most." Sighing, I point my knife toward Paul.

"You hurt her the most! She begged you to help but you turned your back on her!" I shout angrily.

He remains in place but a guilty look crosses his face. "I didn't have a choice. They would've taken Jaiden away from her if I interfered."