Commitment

Jason's PoV

Women are by far the most complicated beings in the world. Not even a baby is as indecisive as they are, I swear.

I'm frustrated to the point where I feel as if I'm about to blow a fuse! Janice wanted a small party for her birthday, now on the actual day she wants it to just be us spending the day together.

Kayan already did everything, the venue is ready, caterers will be there by 6 so what do I do?

I decide to call Jonas, since he may have a solution. The moment he answered the phone, I started ranting.

At the end of my tirade, I was greeted with silence.

"Bro, you hear what me say?" I ask frustrated.

He chuckles, "You know you never need me fi fix this right?"

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by his nonchalant response! "How you mean? If me did know me wouldn't call you!" I semi shout since Janice is downstairs.

Jonas laughs again, "Bro, you said it yourself. Spend the day with her doing whatever she wants, then show up for dinner."

He's actually right. I slap my forehead in dismay. Send me in a boardroom any day to solve a problem instead of relationship woes!

Sighing, I take a deep breath and close my eyes. "How you deal with the moodiness bro? Feel like me out fi drill a hole in a me head!"

When did I even become this man? Who is this man? The old Jason would've been gone a long time ago without a care in the world.

"You're in looovvveee. That's why, you never want to see her sad and you want her to always be happy and smiling ain't it?"

He's right! I actually want today to be perfect! "Yep, you're right. But I don't know what to do today, she's hellbent against going to the spa too."

Jonas guffaws on the other end of the line, causing my anger to flare. "Why me even call you an you nah help me none at all?"

I hiss my teeth, wishing he was before me so I could punch him in the gut!

Jonas calms down then replies, "Spa day is cliche, I think Janice wants you to really put some thought into this."

I feel like my head is about to combust. I've never had to work so hard for a woman before in my life, but she's worth it.

A million ideas start racing through my mind, "Aite, what about a catamaran cruise? With food, drinks and the whole shebang?"

Jonas agrees, then suggests that I include an unlimited shopping spree to her favorite stores.

He helps me to organize the cruise with Kayan's help in thirty minutes, and once everything was set, I got moving.

I rummage through her clothes to find an Anne Klein day dress which I pair with some Valentino sandals and a mini tote. Then, I grab four pairs of swimsuits and toss them into a traveling bag with my stuff.

Heading downstairs, I spot Janice sprawled in the couch on a video call with Latoya, Anna, Maya, Kayan and her sister Racquel.

They're up to no good!

I grab the phone from her hand, "My lovely sisters, it's great to see you but I need my woman now."

Before they can protest, I cut the call and Janice playfully glares at me.

"You're just too much!" She says rolling her eyes.

I quickly straddle her and start kissing her all over. She writhes beneath me but I decide to hold out until we get to the boat.