Farewell

The service ended twenty minutes ago and we just arrived at the cemetery. There are police cars escorting us as well as the FBI branded vehicles.

Latoya and Anna are more composed now but I can't help but keep an eye on Anna.

When we were in the church, she accompanied Latoya to do a tribute but I saw her eyes narrow for a split second.

She even stopped Latoya from sharing that they're sisters. As if sensing my stare, she looks up at me.

I mouth,"What's happening?" She takes a deep breath before replying.

"Talk soon."

I nod and glance out the window just as Shaun and Vernon approach and tell us to exit the vehicle.

They're here providing additional security with the others, Karl's order.

We get moving and I pull Latoya closer to me with Aria in my arms. Karl is carrying Kairo as he conned him saying he's the best uncle ever when Jason was out of earshot.

The pall bearers remove the casket from the hearse and place it on the stand over the grave. The flag is folded and presented to Latoya who is misty eyed.

Everyone present huddles closer to take a last view or offer condolences to Latoya. Orbyn and Anna are having a hushed conversation which seems to be getting heated based on their gestures.

Latoya sits down on the chair Kayan hands her and as soon as they start talking, I take that as my cue to slip away.

Approaching Anna, I gently squeeze her shoulders and she glances up at me. "Can one of you tell me what's happening?" I demand.

She sighs, Orbyn groans in frustration. I look between the two stubborn mules standing before me.

"Now would be a good time too." I state, my words dripping with sarcasm.

Anna huffs and folds her arms. "There's a man here, your 12 o'clock."

I move to turn but she stops me, "Don't look yet idiot, you'll make it obvious!"

Rolling my eyes, I flick a finger to her forehead and she rubs it pouting. "What about him?"

Orbyn decides to speak up, "He used to roll with Paul back in the day, but we don't know if he's a friend or foe."

It finally dawns on me why they're concerned. We could all possibly be in danger!

Again? This is too much bro!

Sensing my concern, Anna grabs my hand. "Y'all know we ain't ever gon let nothing happen to any of you." She glances over my shoulder with a smug smile. "He'll be taken care of in 3...2...1."

As I turn around to look, I witness two men grab and pull him away before anyone sees anything.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips, "Thank God! I swear I'm over all this bullshit!"

Orbyn chuckles, "Me too bro, after this everything should be back to normal."

I take a deep breath and release, "We can only hope so."

Anna slips away,going to Latoya who engulfs her in a hug and they both start crying again. This time, it's because the casket is being lowered slowly.

Once it hits the bottom, Latoya wails loudly and Anna struggles to reign in her own emotions.

Orbyn and I move quickly to them, I spot Kairo and Aria crying too but they're now with Janice and Jason.

I pry the roses from Latoya's hand and give one each to Kairo and Aria then lead them to the edge.

"Paul is now in a better place and he won't be happy to know you're crying guys." I mumble softly as I stoop between them.

Kairo wipes his face with the back of his hand, spreading snot on his cheeks in the process. I retrieve my handkerchief and clean both their faces up though the tears are still running.

Aria tugs on my hand, "Does this mean he's with my other Mommy now?"

I smile sadly but nod yes, "They're watching over both of you now." They hug me in unison as hiccups starts chipping in. "Whenever you miss them, just remember they have a special place in your heart always."

They reply okay, then toss the roses unto the casket as I do the same. We move away and allow the grounds men to do their jobs.

Walking back to Latoya, the kids hug her and after a while her tears subside. Anna is now more composed but I can't miss the wicked glint in her eyes.

That motherfucker from before is really gonna feel her wrath in a little while. Once the grave is completely covered, we reenter our respective vehicles and head back to the house.

Kayan took the liberty to organize food for us since it had been hectic earlier.  Silence ensues as the kids head upstairs.

Everyone else is dispersed throughout the living room, either browsing their phones or just looking out of space.

Kayan, Olivia and Janice head to the kitchen and start sharing the food then start handing it out.

About ten minutes later, Jason starts playing Old School Jamaican music and everyone starts perking up a bit after eating.

"Yo Jo, yuh remember back in college when we use to party?" He shouts across the room before he starts bumping and grinding on Janice.

Laughter erupts among us and I feel more relaxed as I watch even Latoya rocking to the beat or singing the lyrics.

Jason starts playing Gangalee by Louie Culture and Kayan lets loose! She starts wining on Karl who does the same and everyone starts making noise.

Olivia shouts out, "Yes Kayan, show we how yuh get the twin dem!"

I laugh until my eyes start getting teary. It felt so good to be with my family minus the drama and we're actually having a good time regardless.

Raising my glass,  I clink my fork against it and Jason lowers the volume immediately.

"I wonna propose a toast to my family, through the good, the bad and the ugly, we ride together. After every storm, there is a calm and life goes on regardless of what we may face."

Everyone raises their glass except Latoya who has a bottle of water and we salute each  other.

Anna shouts,"I love you bitches!" Olivia slaps the back of her head, "Owww Liv, that hurts!" She whines.

Olivia points toward the stairs where Aria and Kairo are standing in fresh clothes with their mouths open in shock.

No doubt they heard Anna's outburst!

------------

Hey Loves.

I'm back and I apologize for the delay!😔 Wattpad has been kicking my ass recently but I finally WON!🙃

What's your favorite part?
Who do you think this man is, friend or foe?

Thanks for your continued support!!! Please remember to comment, vote and share this and other stories!!

Please, follow me on Instagram and Tik Tok at jdecosta4!!!

Xoxo
JDeCosta
💜