Revelation

My legs are shaking, my heart is racing and my palms are sweating profusely. Jonas is sitting on the chair across the room sending or replying to emails.

The door opens and Dr. Jacinth Carson,my gynaecologist walks in with her clipboard. Jonas looks up and closes his laptop immediately.

"Hey Latoya, how are you today?" She asks smiling.

I sigh, "Honestly, I don't know, but I'm being optimistic."

She pats my shoulder just as Jonas moves to stand beside me. He runs his hand up and down my back in a comforting manner, causing me to lean into him.

Dr. Carson looks at the chart in her hand then advises me that she needs to pull bloods to send them off to the lab.

She orders me to lay down on the bed  as she dons a pair of gloves. I watch her like a hawk as she sets up the ultrasound machine then adjusts the settings.

"This is gonna feel a little cold but it'll be over before you know it." She smiles gently and I grab Jonas' hand.

He pecks the side of my face, "Relax baby. Everything is gonna be alright."

I shake my head and take a deep breath before exhaling.

Raising my blouse, I wait with bated breath for her to drop the gel to my stomach. When she finally does, I hiss softly causing Jonas to chuckle.

He leans towards my ear, "So me want yuh behave tonight."

Colour floods my cheek as I look away from him. I can't believe he really did that!!

Dr. Carson retrieves the wand and starts scanning my stomach. I turn my head away from the screen as I don't want to get my hopes up. Jonas realizes this and kisses my forehead.

The wand moves across my stomach and I gaze at Jonas' face as he stares intently at the screen. Dr. Carson clears her throat awkwardly and coughs.

"You may need to look this side hun." She commands gently.

I turn my head slowly, looking between her and the monitor. She points her finger to the screen. "You my dear, are very pregnant!"

She shrieks happily then composes hereself while my heart lurches in my chest. "Based on the dates you gave me, I'd say you're about seven weeks along."

Jonas hoots and hugs me tightly. "I told you baby!"

I'm a blubbering mess, my heart is racing and tears are streaming down my face. "I...I..
I can't believe it." I stutter while gazing at the miracle before my eyes.

Jonas wipes my tears but they flow harder. "Take it easy baby. We got this! I got you!" He coos gently and I try to compose myself.

Dr. Carson looks on at us with pure adoration as she knows my history. Back in New York after my last beat down from Michael, the doctors had told me that my uterus was damaged.

Now this!

I sniffle, wiping my face with trembling hands. "God! I thank you!" I scream loudly causing Jonas to laugh as he does the happy dance.

Dr. Carson finishes the examination by telling me everything was looking great thus far. She then hands me paper towel to clean my stomach but Jonas does the honors.

Once finished, he places a gentle kiss to my stomach before pulling my top down. That's when a thought crossed my mind.

"Doc, if I'm pregnant how come I don't have any symptoms whatsoever?" I ask curiously

She smiles, "Every pregnancy is different my dear. Some women have severe morning sickness while for others it's a breeze."

I absorb it all because with Kairo, I was sick even in the second trimester. "I guess that's the case then, I hope it doesn't change."