another year with you || hyeongjun

plot. y/n thought that she would be celebrating the opening of a new year by herself. until her boyfriend showed up in front of her door with a heart-shaped balloon, even if he was supposed to be four hours away from where she was.

happy New Year everyone ! </3

New year's day was a festivity that y/n always spent alone in her apartment

watching the fireworks that ignited right in front of her apartment building in her window was quite nice for her to simply enjoy before going to sleep a few minutes after.

there was no festive spirit or whatnot as if it was an ordinary evening full of noise in the background.

in her defense, she was too tired to even prepare since she came home late from her work a few hours ago. 

"it's pretty.." y/n mutters under her breath when a multi-colored firework bursted up in the air, dispersing into particles right away and to be replaced by another one. 

the loud noises were thankfully muffled through her window and she enjoyed the firework show thoroughly, giving subtle reactions of small 'wows' here and there while leaning on the glass, sat on the cold, plank floors.

she didn't mind sitting on the floor. at that height could she only see the fireworks in a closer view. they were definitely a pretty sight worth watching.

after a while, the display started becoming dull in her eyes as more fireworks shoot up repeatingly. 

an idea popped inside her head when she started feeling bored of what she was looking at. y/n lazily reached for her phone that was on the coffee table near where she was sitting.  "almost there," she breathes as she moves a little inches forward to reach for the phone.

she successfully grabbed it without injuring herself in the process. after unlocking her passcode, she stared at the lockscreen of her boyfriend for almost three months now, song hyeongjun.

it was a stolen photo of him overlooking the city view when they went on their first date.

for her, dating someone for more than a month was a surprise. she did have casual relationships or flings here and there, yet all of them seemed to fail. 

they met on a blind date set by her friend, telling her that her friend had a friend that was willing to be set on a blind date.

the two of them met in a newly opened café along the quiet streets of a district not far from her house, and clicked instantly with his bubbly nature.

three months with hyeongjun wasn't the most overtop, fairy tale like romance a woman could dream of. it was simple, anti-climatic, and sometimes awkward, but y/n was experiencing brighter, pinker days now that he was around.

perhaps it was the bare minimum things he does that makes her heart skip a beat despite not being a teen in high school falling in love for the first time.