protecting you || wonjin

plot : wonjin calms y/n and her heart down as they ride the ferris wheel.

requested by -CRAVITEA.

"can we turn back now?" y/n turned around, asking wonjin with a frightened expression on her face

"can we turn back now?" y/n turned around, asking wonjin with a frightened expression on her face. wonjin laughed, "i thought you told me you can do it? plus, we're next in line," 

the two of them were currently in the amusment park, hanging out as best friends. they spent the whole afternoon going to different rides and mild rollercoasters per y/n's request as she has a fear of heights.

to end off their day, they decided to ride the ferris wheel. y/n rejected it at first, but wonjin somehow got her to say yes and is now regretting her decision.

little did y/n know, wonjin has a surprise for her.

y/n rolled her eyes and turned her back at him, "whatever, you're no help,"

wonjin smiled and thought of an idea. he leaned over her ear and whispered, "don't worry you're with me. i'll protect you,"

y/n's ears instantly became red and she faced wonjin quickly, "s-shut up,"

as they were talking the ferris wheel stopped, indicating it was their turn. the doors opened and they got in one by one.

y/n didn't move, making wonjin pull her hand to a cabin. her face became red with the sudden skinship but she didn't say anything.

they found theirselves a spot and wonjin broke the contact, which made y/n a tiny bit sad.

 they sat across each other. wonjin looked out to the view, "i'm soo excited!" he said with a huge smile on his face.

"how about you?- oh," he faced y/n to see her pupils shaking due to fright and looking down while whispering the words "i shall kill wonjin" over and over again. he melted, "she looks cute even if she's threatening me,"

"are you literally going to stare at me when i'm this scared?!" y/n shouted, making wonjin come back to reality. "i, uh, sorry," he stammered.

he switched his places and sat next to y/n. "what are you doing?" y/n asked, scooting a little bit to the side.

"i'm helping you calm down, dummy," he said rolling his eyes. she scoffed and scooted away more.

"the ride will be starting now, have fun and enjoy!" the announcer said before the ferris wheel started moving slowly.

"a-are we going up?" y/n asked, with her eyes closed and hands tightly gripping to the metal bar. "yes, we are," he answered.

wonjin thought that this was the best time to tell y/n some words he wanted to tell her. he wanted to confess his feelings for her today and right now.

he faked coughed and faced y/n, "so y/n i was meaning to tell you this, so please bear with me-"

his words were cut when y/n scooted closer to him and linking her arm to his. he froze and stood up straightly right away, "um, what are you- uh doing?" he asked, eyeing y/n on the corner of his eye.

"you said you'll protect me?" she softly said with a small voice, resulting to wonjin melting again. "i think i'll be getting diabetes after this," he quietly muttered under his breath.

"i didn't hear you?" she asked looking at wonjin in the eye. he fixed his position and breathed, trying to gain his courage.

he closed his eyes and opened it again before placing his arm around y/n's shoulder and pushing her gently to his body. he lightly pushed her head to his shoulder and stroked her hair.

"are you feeling better?" wonjin asked her, with a smirk forming on his lips. y/n, who was still in the process of moving on from his actions, didn't respond to him.

"y/n? are you dead?" he asked worriedly, patting her shoulder violently. she immediately reacted and stopped his hand, "hey that hurts! stop it you rascal!"

he chuckled, "you'll call me in a different nickname soon," he whispered to himself.

y/n didn't hear his incoherent words, "can you speak louder?" he patted her shoulder gently this time, "i said, you'll be okay if we stay like this way," 

y/n didn't talk and silence enveloped the cabin. the both of them were trying hard to think of a topic to talk about in order to not be awkward, but both minds were blank.

then, y/n suddenly remembered wonjin was supposed to tell her something but she interfered. she glanced at him and saw him smiling to himself while looking at the view outside the cabin's window. 

she smiled to herself, he looked handsome and manly but at the same time he looked adorable and charming. 

she falls for him harder each day they were together. but she was too much of a coward to confess. there's a chance that he doesn't like her back and their friendship will be broken.

"wonjin?" she called him. "hmm?" he hummed, his eyes still focused on the view with his hand softly patting y/n's shoulder. he was comfortable and in peace, as long as y/n was beside him.

"didn't you have something to tell me?" y/n asked and she saw how he immediately became flustered. "oh that? um, it's uh, i-"

"i have something to tell you too," she told him and sat up straight, removing herself from his touch and gazed at him with a subtle smile on her lips.

"what do you want to tell me?" he faced her and glanced at her *e/c eyes, her rosy red cheeks, before glancing to her plump, cherry red lips. he looked back to her eyes, her eyes that may probably contain the huge universe. he liked it, he liked everything about her and he liked her way too much at this point.

"i like you. i like you ham wonjin. i like you so much that i think my heart's going to burst with every action you do as i fall deeper for you everytime," she said in one go and deeply exhaled after. she looked down to the ground with a deep red shade on her cheeks, preparing herself for rejection.

wonjin was shocked with her sudden confession but immediately smiled with a blush creeping on his face as well.

 he lifted her chin with his finger, "here's my answer," he said before leaning on carefully to her soft lips and closing his eyes.

her eyes widened but eventually melted to the kiss and closed her eyes as well, slightly smiling in the kiss.

they pulled apart each other with wide grins on their faces and embraced each other after tigthly, "aren't you scared anymore?" he asked her.

"no i'm not scared anymore, because i have you already,"

*e/c - eye color / eye colored

a/n ; very sorry for the delay :((