stay || taeyoung (pt.3 ; final)

plot : taeyoung tries to win back y/n's heart back, with real feelings this time. will he succeed or will he fail?

it was exactly a month since taeyoung hugged y/n suddenly in the park and 3 months since the incident in the field

ever since he hugged her, she didn't talk to him anymore. this made taeyoung heartbroken, but it was his fault anyway, so he didn't complain much.

he asked all his friends for advice and they all told him to give y/n her favorite stuff and foods.

he followed that advice and it's been a week since he have been giving her goods. luckily, she accepts them and doesn't throw it away.

yesterday, he included a note that tells her he'll be having a basketball match today at 4pm and that he wishes that she can watch him play.

he knew that she wouldn't come but deep down inside, he desperately wanted to.

it was 3:50 pm and y/n was making her way to the court to watch taeyoung's match

it was 3:50 pm and y/n was making her way to the court to watch taeyoung's match. he said to her that it will start at 4pm, so she sprinted to the court.

she didn't want to watch but her conscience and her heart tells her to watch his game. she's been receiving gifts from him for the past week and she wanted to return the favor by supporting him.

"y/n-ssi!" a voice called behind her, making y/n stop her tracks and look behind, it was her female classmate. "yes?" she asked in a hurry.

"um our project..." y/n formed an "o" on her mouth and she looked back to the court and saw both teams warming up.

she completely forgotten about the project she has for a major subject. she sighed before looking back at her classmate with a sad smile.

"yeah sure, let's go,"

5:36 pm

"y/n, can you pass the glue?" y/n groupmate asked. her groupmate looked at y/n and saw she was spacing out. "y/n!" her groupmate said loudly.

"huh? oh yeah, the glue i'm sorry," she quickly reached for the glue and gave it to her groupmate.

she was out of focus ever since they started. she was guilty that she didn't get to watch taeyoung play and she's worried that he might misunderstood her.

while she was drowned in her thoughts, her phone suddenly rang, it was jungmo. she answered the phone.

"hello?" as soon as jungmo spoke, her eyes widen and she immediately took her bag and said a quick "sorry" to her confused groupmates.

"what hospital are you in?"

jungmo told y/n that they were in bed no

jungmo told y/n that they were in bed no.3 in the hospital's emergency room. 5 minutes ago, jungmo called y/n and said that taeyoung sprained his ankle due to the rival team's member.

she ran to the emergency room and found woobin and minhee in the entrance. "he's there," they pointed at the bed where taeyoung was in, and she nodded.

y/n slowly walked to the third bed and  saw taeyoung asleep. serim and jungmo were beside him. "is he okay?" she whispered to the two, they showed two thumbs up and quickly stood up, making y/n confused.

"where are you going?" she asked. "oh the four of us will just get some stuff he left, oh and have fun!," her eyebrows furrowed with jungmo's last words. "did he really tell me to have fun? i really wished killing was legal," she muttered under her breath.

her eyes darted to the sleeping taeyoung and noticed that he was slightly smiling. she rolled her eyes, finally getting the picture. "are you really kidding me?" she said furiously, crossing her arms.

taeyoung slowly opened his eyes and saw an annoyed y/n. their eyes met and they stared at each other's eyes. taeyoung smiled, "thank you for coming,"

y/n avoided his contact and faked coughed, "nah, i was about to leave, take care,"

she turned her back against him and was about to leave when he pulled her arm lightly.

"are you- going to leave me again?" taeyoung asked softly. her heart broke, but it was confusing, she was certain and she made it certain, that she'll never like him again but her heart was beating loudly for him.

"i- i don't know," she said without looking back at him. she looked down at her feet. taeyoung got off his hand from her arm.

"can't you stay?" his voice cracked. their hearts were beating rapidly. taeyoung braced himself for the worst and was stopping his tears from falling.

y/n turned around and sat down at the chair beside his bed and held his hand.

she stared at his eyes intensely before smiling at him, rubbing his hand gently.

"i will stay, i'll stay by your side forever."

a/n ; my friend helped me with this one lmao