regrets || minhee

plot ; y/n kept her disease a secret from her best friend, minhee, who only knew it the day of her surgery.

tw// death. please skip if sensitive. thank you.

requested by @-eunioaminhee. 

"i was scared to lose you then

but secrets turn into regrets"

- ben&ben. lifetime.

minhee rushed up to the rooftop without even stopping to catch his breathe

minhee rushed up to the rooftop without even stopping to catch his breathe. he swiftly open the metal door with his right hand and sighed in relief when he saw y/n relaxing by the railings, a small smile on her lips.

he didn't realize that a smile was creeping on his lips as well as he continue to watch her from behind.

y/n felt someone staring at her and she turned around to see minhee standing in front of the door. she chuckled, "what are you doing there staring? come here!" she called him, making him come back to his senses.

"h-huh?" he whispered and his eyes landed on y/n who was now facing him and calling him with her hands.

"oh, okay i get it," he scratched his head and quickly went over her side. their eyes met and y/n gave him a warm smile which he returned before shyly looking away with rosy cheeks.

she didn't notice minhee's burning cheeks that was caused by her and continued staring at the cloudy sky. a comfortable silence filled the atmosphere and minhee continued taking glances at y/n's side profile while she was oblivious and completely absorbed in the scenery.

minhee was caught off-gaurd when she suddenly spoke, "what does life mean to you?" she asked out of the blue.

"what do you mean?" minhee asked, almost laughing but then realized she was serious and kept the laugh to himself. 

wind blew to their direction, making y/n's hair blow around her face. he can't help but to stare at her face that was ethereal in his eyes. her simplicity made him fall in love with her and he fell for her harder with her personality.

"like, why do you think we live?" she fidgeted her hands. minhee pondered, unsure with what to answer. "i guess because we all have a purpose and goals to achieve in life?" she slowly nodded.

"so if we die, do we get to die knowing we achieved certain goals?" he raised an eyebrow, "i haven't think about dying yet, so i don't really know how to answer that," 

"why are you asking?" he followed up. she smiled at him, "oh, nothing. just curious and all," minhee nodded. he knew there was something off with her but he shrugged it off thinking it was stress or just some thoughts.

if only he pushed it further, he could've known sooner.