love is a game || jungmo

plot : office au! y/n is entusiastic about falling in love and jungmo is the complete opposite with the idea of love. to convince jungmo, they play the game of love.

italic = flashbacks

"koo jungmooooo!!"

jungmo rolled his eyes as soon as he heard her loud voice. "what do you want?" he irritatingly asked turning around to see y/n with a bright smile on her face.

she slightly pouted because of his gloomy face, "it's literally 8am and you're already fuming?"

he crossed his arms and rose his eyebrows, "well, you keep bothering me for the past week so yes,"

she grinned, her teeth showing. "it just makes me curious," he sighed, annoyed.

"let's get this over with. what makes you curious?"

"why don't you believe in the power of love?" she asked with genuine curiousity on her eyes. silence surrounded them but was followed with jungmo's loud laugh.

"is that you want to ask?" he said in between wheezes. she nodded innocently, "yes, is there a problem with my question?"

" 'the power of love'? seriously? how childish," jungmo laughed, his hand on his stomach which was hurting due to laughter.

y/n rolled her eyes this time. "just answer it! i'm curious alright?"

jungmo calmed down and stood up straight. he stuffed both of his hands on his pocket and leaned in forward to her face.

y/n flinched with the sudden action and was startled with the close proximity between them but she smirked.

"looks like you got some experience," she teased him. jungmo widen his eyes and backed out immediately and adjusted his tie, his plan got backfired.

"i-it's just because i don't believe in love okay? nothing more, nothing less," he said, fanning himself.

this time, y/n stepped forward 3 steps to where jungmo was standing, alerting jungmo. "what are you doing!?" he panicked.

"did i made your heart skip a beat?" she smirked and stared at his shaking pupils.

he looked at the opposite side with cheeks burning. "s-stop with the pranks,"

her smirk grew larger, "this isn't a prank honey. it's a game,"

"a game of love,"

she backed out and smiled sweetly and innocently with her hands on her back.

"koo jungmo-ssi. if you fall in love you loose, if you don't, you win. let's play for 2 weeks until the office's celebration party and let's see if you'll believe in love now,"

she smiled again before going out, her heels clicking with every step. jungmo was speechless and he exhaled sharply, "i think i need to resign my job," he whispered while massaging his heart that was beating rapidly.