daffodils || seongmin

spring, 2019.

it was their first spring as friends and y/n wanted to take seongmin to her favorite daffodil field as they were full bloom in springtime.

y/n pulled seongmin's arm while running towards the field of yellow daffodils that were dancing as cold wind blow. "look it's so pretty!" y/n exclaimed as she excitedly looked back at seongmin who was still drowsy because of  the long travel time to get to this daffodil field y/n was eagerly boasting about.

although, he could get the hype now that he saw it in person with his own eyes. he looked at her back and responded to her excited expression with a small smile, "i know. it's very pretty," he chuckled.

his cheeks started warming up as he couldn't believe his mouth just said something as cheesy as that. he avoided her eyes and looked around the field, the sun not even giving them justice as it continues shining at them.

he noticed that there weren't anyone else in the field. he then remembered y/n saying that this was known as a 'secret destination' and that it was an old place where her parent's used to go for dates in spring.

he didn't believe her at first that only few know the place as technology has now evolved and youngsters have been searching for good date spots to appeal themselves to their dates.

but there was literally no one at sight except for the two of them and some caretakers that were busily watering the daffodils admist the bustling sun.

y/n took out her phone from her small shoulder bag, "seongmin, pose for the camera!" she said as she move her hand with the phone to find an angle where the both of them are in the frame along with the pretty yellow daffodils as a background.

seongmin whined,"i look like i just woke up though," he said, trying to get out of the frame but was immediately beaten by y/n's glare.

he sighed and crouched down a little bit to match her height before smiling to the camera. y/n softly patted his head like an owner patting it's pet dog, "good boy," she grinned at him before turning back to the camera and smiled widely with her hand posed in a peace sign.

she clicked the button and the timer of the camera started counting.

5,

4,

3,

2,

1.

a flash sound was heard from her phone meaning the photo was taken. seongmin was about to escape her side to avoid taking more pictures but was instantly stopped by y/n.

it was a tiring day for seongmin, who followed y/n in the large field of daffodils, taking photos of her and selfies of the two of them.

 though for him, everything was worth it. to see her sweet smiles, to hear her gentle laughs and giggles, her talking voice that becomes different everytime she's focused on talking about something- everything was worth it.

in a short glimpse, their first spring together ended with seongmin already looking forward to the next spring of them together.

...

spring, 2020. (present time) 

(a/n ; let's pretend there ain't no covid lmao)

seongmin stopped his bike in front of a small flower shop with bunch of flowers that are blooming this spring displayed outside.