Chapter 33

Hermione pov

Ugh, there has got to be a way out of here. Or at least a spell I can do with these binds on. Wait, that's it wandless magic to loosen  a bind. She mutters the spell, and the binds loosen. She breaks out and quietly opens the door. She can hear Ron stomping around on the floor below so she quickly sneaks over to hide under the stairs. As she does this, she sees that she has a clear hidden view to see what Ron is up to. She sees him talking to a mirror with runes all over the sides. The mirror had appeared to be cracked but familiar to Hermione she just couldn't remember where she had seen it, though. When he had finally left to go to another room and disappear into the maze of hallways, she went up to the mirror to take a closer look, staring at it for a while she then gasped in realization.

The mirror was from the Room of Requirements. It was a bit burnt on the side, which proved her theory right. She couldn't understand why he'd have it here, though, or how did it end up here at all. Taking a look to the ruins on the side, she could see the mirror was cursed. A curse to make one who see into it to see all the wrongs to a world of madness. The mirror had been sent to be destroyed years ago but was soon lost along the way. It must have been in the room of requirements all this time. If Ron has this mirror, it must hold some effect on him it must be the reason why his behavior has changed so badly in all these months. He is acting under the dark magic of the mirror. He needs to see a healer quickly it may be the only way to save him. She was about to come up with a plan but she heard several foot steps heading her way and she hid into another room, she had the door slightly ajar to see who it could possibly be but soon recognized the quite hush of several voices Harry, Draco, Ginny and Cedric. Once she heard his voice, she quickly came from her hiding place and embraced him into a crushing grip.

Cedric realizing it was Hemione didn't even think twice about gripping onto her as well and holding her as close as possible.

Cedric: Are you hurt? please tell me you are not. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt because I didn't ...

Hermione: Cedric, I am fine. I am okay he never hurt me, and it is not his fault. Ron is under a curse. He has been ever since the room of requirements has been destroyed. The room was filled with a lot of cursed objects remember and as we were fleeing the room when it was set on fire, i remember we passed this mirror. The very same mirror is here, and it appears to be damaged. the ruins on it say it is cursed to show the person who looks into the mirror to see all the wrongs of their world, meaning it is showing corruption instead of reality. Ron is probably under its dark magic, and he doesn't even know it. We have to get him to madam Pomphrey quickly or the spell on him, and all that dark magic will consume his mind and heart forever, and we will lose him forever. We will have no way to save him.

Ginny: My brother is under dark magic... 

Harry: That would explain his turn of behavior after the war. I thought he was hurt after what happened in the war, but he has just been under dark magic. Ron is still in there, and we have to save him.

Theo: But how? Even if we get him to Madam Pomphrey, what is to make you think she can even help him.

Luna: Hope we need to have hope.

Cedric: She is right. We have to find a way or at least try.

Draco: Okay, so who wants to take him out.

(Everyone looks at Hermione)

Hermione: I know I am slightly pissed off with him right now, but I am not going to do that to him. We will do it together.

Blaise: Slightly?

Cho: She is right, but what is the plan?

Harry: I need to talk to him first as a distraction. You guys should surround from the sides and throw stupefy spells, or I don't know, maybe any other spells to knock him unconscious but not hurt him.

Hermione:That's a good idea,  Harry.

Draco:Lett's get this over wit,  shall we. Then everyone can get their annoying red head back to his annoying self.

Ginny:Even though he is my older brother,  I can't argue with that statement.

Cedric:You guys go ahead. I just need to talk to Mione a bit for a second.

Theo: Okay, lovebirds don't take too long now.

Cho: Theo!

Theo: What i am just saying...

Ginny: Let's get a move on

( Once Cedric and Hermione are alone)

Cedric: When they had you. When he took you. I thought they were gonna take you away forever, and there was nothing I could do about it. I thought I had lost you.

Hermione: Hey, I am here. I am here, and I will never leave your side again. I promise

Cedric: And I will never let you go again. I... I love

Blaise: Hey love birds hurry up the Weasley twat is heading this way and we need you guys to take your places in surrounding him so we can knock him out.

Hermione: Yes, sorry we are coming. Uh...

Cedric takes her hand in his pulls her towards him to whisper into her ears. "We will talk about it later, but know this. I am truly never letting you go again."

Hermione: I am okay with that.

Blaise: Great, now that the love is spread all over, can we take the red head down?

When Ron heads over to the shattered mirror and looks to its reflection he begins to scream like a maniac about how imperfect everyone is and how useless all the people around him are and all the insubordination all around him. Harry tries to approach him from the side entrance of the room that is not in view to Ron to get into position, but Ronald sees his reflection in the mirror.

Ronald: You just couldn't stay away, Potter. You had to for the glory. Didn't you, you had to come and try to be a hero again, huh!

Harry: Ron, listen to me, okay? You are not well, alright, you under a curse. It is making you see things differently from reality.

Ronald: Curse? Me under a curse! Do really, I am thst stupid I would fall your excuses and all your lies! You're just trying to take what's mine. You are trying to take Hermione for yourself! You always try and steal from me. First you, then that block Diggory tried to take her away from me! Why doesn't anyone understand she is mine! She belongs to me!

Hermione comes out wand at ready and just says, "Stupefy !" Followed closely by another spell as Ron landed on the other side of the room "perfecto totalus! "  but even with Hermione quick movements Ron still managed to say a spell while he still had his wand in his hand and just as the spell was about to hit her Cedric jumped in front of her shielding her as the spell hit him instead. In her panic, she rushed over to him, calling out to him in tears, but he was already unconscious, but is he alive?