Chapter 2

Harry pov

Ginny and I were just laughing about Fred newest prank on Charles when the door to our compartment just opened. We all looked up to see who it was, and what I saw made me go into shock. I remember the day I thought I saw him die when I cried over his body as we made it out of the maze as I held on to his lifeless body.

Ginny left dragging Ron by the collar to give us some privacy. Once the door closed, Cedric moved to sit opposite of me. 

"How are you, Harry?" Cedric, ask. 

"I still have nightmares from the war and what happened that night at the tournament," Harry mumbled.

Me too. I keep seeing Voldemort raise his wand at me, and I always feel my life being drained out of me. Cedric said calmly. 

Harry looked up at him with soften eyes, knowing the pain Cedric's been through.

"I actually returned to Hogwarts because I have always seen this place as a home and a place of comfort," Cedric says.

At this, Harry smiles brightly, saying, "I know what you mean." For the rest of the train ride, Cedric and Harry confided to each other openly. By the time the train reached Hogwarts, Cedric and Harry became good friends. 

<THE GREAT HALL>DINNER TIME

The great hall was noisy as always, even though many seats were empty due to those who died in the war. Everyone sat in their usual seats Hermione, Ginny, and Harry, but this time, instead of Ron sitting with them, it was Cedric who sat there with them before the feast headmistress McGonagall had a few words to say. 

The sound of glass clinking together got everyone's attention, and soon all the noise quietens down in the great hall. Headmistress McGonagall stood up and moved from her seat towards the sorting hat, which was placed on a wooden stool.

Hermione Pov

The front doors of the hall opened, and Hagrid led the first years to the front for them to be sorted into their different houses. "They look so scared," I whispered to Ginny. "I am surprised their parents even let them come to this school, especially since everything that's happened here last year," Ginny said.

I guess since Voldemort is defeated, their parents thought it would be safe for them. After the sorting ceremony, we had nine new Ravenclaws, eleven new Hufflepuff's thirteen new Gryffindor's and ten new Slytherins. The headmistress continued with the prefects for this year.

From Gryffindor

Harry Potter     

Dean Thomas               

Ginny Weasley   

Neville Longbottom     

Seamus Finnegan 

Parvati Patil

From Slytherin 

Blaise Zabini    

Theodore Nott                         

Pansy Parkinson   

Terence Higgs          

 Astoria Greengrass  

Daphne Greengrass

From Hufflepuff

Cedric Diggory  

Leon Vandenberg         

Sarah Bane       

Michael Bane                 

William Decaprio   

Lena Wilson

From Ravenclaw

Luna Lovegood   

Chris Payne                 

Cho Chang            

Philips Dane               

Alice Kenton    

Lydia Fray

Now for your head boy and head girl for the year. Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger. Everyone started to cheer for Hermione, and there were a few mutters about Draco being head boy. After the announcement, headmistress McGonagall stated the simple rules such as not to enter the dark forest or to leave the school boundaries. When she finished the table filled with plates of food. After the feast, the prefects took all the students back to their correct houses while Hermione and Draco stayed behind, waiting for the headmistress to show them to their head's dormitory. As headmistress McGonagall showed us to our head dorm, she explains the rules of being heads and that we have to be good role models and set a proper example out to the rest of the students by working together. Once we reached the door, we saw a portrait of Professor Albus Dumbledore he told us the password was house unity. When we entered our new dormitory, it looked a lot like our normal one but with more space there was a small, enchanted library to the left meaning I wouldn't have to go to the school's one because everything I need would be summoned in here. There was a kitchen to the right and two stairways on either side of the fireplace, one saying head girl and other head boy. I went straight to my room and unpacked everything.

Once I was done, I grabbed a book from the library and sat down by the fire in the common room and began reading. After about half an hour, Draco came out of his room and joined me reading a muggle book called Eragon. I immediately knew what the book was about because I happened to have read it about nine times already, and I also watched the movie. I asked him why he was reading a muggle book.? His response was "I enjoy muggle books they have a wide imagination and a variety of genres that I have yet to read about such as aliens from other planets and hard life ships of real people that inspire me. When I was a child, I always wanted to write my own books, but my father always shut me down and forced me to help him with Lord Voldemort's duties. Now that I am free to be the person I want to be, I am going to prove to everyone that I can be a better person instead of cowering in fear like I was raised to do. I want to start over Hermione and start a new life. I looked into his grey eyes to see if he was lying, and I saw no hint of deception. He apologised for the way he treated me all those years, and soon I forgave him, and we became friends. After a while, Harry and Ginny warmed up to him as well and soon became friends of course Draco and I will always be competitive when it comes to the highest score for newt and other papers that is something that will never change.