Chapter 8

Ginny pov

Blaise and I decided to go for a fly on our brooms around the quidditch field for some fun. Lately Blaise and I have getting close ang I may have started to develop a crush on him.

Blaise even made a special nickname for me that only he can use "Red". As Blaise and I were putting or brooms away in the closet, he asked me to be his date to the Christmas ball being hosted at his manor. He looked so cute with that on his face that I decided not to tease him about having a secret crush on me. I simply just said "yes, I would love to go with him. "

As we were about to exit the closet we heard two voices one I recognized as my brothers and another female voice. We continued to hide in the broom closet as we listened to what they were talking about. Ron said something about putting a potion in Hermione drink during dinner time on Thursdays or maybe in her butter beer on our next trip to Hogsmeade. The girl he was with said the portions she brewed will done tomorrow night and that once they slip into Hermione and Cedric drinks they will instantly fall in love with them instead of each other. Cedric would be hers and Ron could have Hermione all to himself.

Blaise recognised the girl voice saying she was Alice from the Gryffindor house. He also said she's as good as Draco and Hermione in potions class and that she likes to cause a lot of trouble.

When they both finally left and went opposite directions I grabbed Blaise and raced to go find Hermione to warn her

When I did finally find her by the Back lake with Cedric, I didn't bother with the fact that I was ruining their moment the news I had was more important.

Hermione pov

Once Ginny and Blaise told me and Cedric what Ronald and Alice had planed to do to us by putting Amortentia  potion mixed with a little bit of a confusing  concoction portion to make the effects last longer into something we may drink. 

To say Cedric and I were angry is just to small of a word we were infuriated. Cedric wanted to go after Ronald and beat him up until he had to go to St Mungo's for surgery on his brain. I had to hold him back before he actually had the chance to do that because if he did he may end going to Azkaban for life.

After Ginny and Blaise left to go find the rest of our friends and tell what Ronald had planned so we could come with a way to prevent anything from happening. I tried to calm down Cedric before he could commit any crimes of murder. Cedric grabbed me into a tight hug breathing in the scent of my hair shampoo to probably try and calm himself down.  

I knew he angry at the fact that someone would try to take me away from him like this. We stayed by the lake for the rest of the day just enjoying the peace and quite together, until we had to return for dinner in the great hall. We all went to sit at the Slytherin table some of us completely ignoring Ron presence and the rest just gave him glares. Cedric and I didn't want anything till we quietly did a spell detector spell on our food twice with out anyone noticing. We all ate quickly and went up to the head dorms to plan how to help me and Cedric avoid getting drugged by any kinds of portion Alice and Ronald may try to slip us. Luna and Theo went to inform headmistress McGonagall of Ron plan and how want to catch him the act so we would have plenty of evidence against them.

After planning out the different ways to avoid Ronald and Alice for the next two weeks till Christmas holidays, we all went to our dorm rooms to get some much needed shut eye.