Chapter 7

Hermione pov

I am sitting in the great hall listening to everyone's plans about going home and celebrating Christmas with their families. While I dread going home because my family is hosting an annual Granger family reunion for Christmas at our house, which means all my horribly mean cousin and snobby aunties will be coming over to stay at my house.

Michelle, Sasha, Amber, Steve and Zen always use to pick on me for my hair and teeth. They use to call me all sorts of cruel names such as nerd bird, creeper, beaver weaver, mutt, nerd and bookworm. Although my hair is straighter and my teeth are in perfect order now I know they will still find ways to pick on me and that makes me feel sad to know most of my family still treats me like an outcast. As I was lost in my thoughts I didn't realise my friends were staring at me. Pansy had to throw a grape at me to get me out my thoughts when Ginny asked me what was wrong I told them about the family reunion my parents planned for this Christmas they already knew about my mean cousins because I told them about it during our time together on the spring break before we all came back to Hogwarts this year. They all gave me a sincere look knowing what I would have to go through if I decide to go home. The girls offered to let me stay over at their places for the holidays but I politely declined because I really did want to spend time with my parents.  Ginny told me that I should come and stay over at the Burrow with her but there was no way I would spend any of my time near Ronald after what he did to me at the quidditch match.

When everyone finish comforting me, Cedric and I went for a walk to the Black lake. He was awfully quite normally he'd be talking away happily with me or we would both be laughing and joking around but he seemed to be thinking hard over something. When we finally made it to the Black lake and sat down together leaning against each other in a comfortable embrace. 

When Cedric finally spoke he asked me if I would like to stay with him for the holidays because his parents would be in Paris visiting his uncle for the holidays and he would be left alone at home or he'd stay behind at Hogwarts. I thanked him for the offer but I told him that I really did want to see my parents and spend time with them. He looked sad for a while that I didn't accept his offer to stay with him, until I came up with an idea and asked him to come stay over at my house for the holidays so he wouldn't have to stay alone and I would have someone to help with my evil cousin. 

He seemed to be thinking about his options for a minute or two, then his face turned into a smirk. He turned towards me and asked me " I will get to meet my future in laws so soon in our relationship." My face lit up into an immediate blush as I hide my face in his robes, he started to laugh at my reaction to his question. He picked me up and spun me around in his arms up in the air. When he finally put me down we started to lean in to each other he looked into my eyes then down at my lips then back at my eyes. I did the same as I also leaned towards him just as our lips were about to touch Ginny came over screaming for me with Blaise being pulled behind her.

Cedric and I pulled away from each other quickly acting like we weren't doing anything special. Ginny was speaking so fast that I couldn't und understand a word she was saying. I had to put my hand on her mouth to shut her up and ask to speak slowly so I could fully comprehend what she was saying.

When they both finally caught their breaths, I saw the look of panic on both their faces and I started to get worried.