Chapter 3

Hermione Pov

It's been one whole month since we all came back to Hogwarts, and things have never been better. Draco and I are both doing a great job as head boy and head girl. Everything has been going great this year so far, and by that, I mean no near-death experience or someone out to kill us just a normal year of school for once. Harry, Ginny, and I hang out with the Slytherins most of the time. Sometimes Harry just prefers to spend time with Cedric and Draco, leaving us girls to have some girl time.

But today when we all made our way down to great hall for dinner, we saw headmistress McGonagall standing at the front waiting for hall to fill up, once all the students had arrived, she started to make her speech. She informed us that there would be a masquerade ball next week Friday to celebrate house unity between the four houses. Every student must wear a mask to conceal their identity and reveal themselves only at midnight. this was a plan to encourage house unity just as Dumbledore always wanted. As soon as McGonagall finished and the food arrived, all the girls started gossiping amongst themselves about what to wear and their hair and makeup. The girls and I made plans to go shopping this Thursday for our dresses during the trip to Hogsmeade.

(Thursday)

We went to Madam Vane's to buy our dresses while the boys went to Jensen's Robes to get their suits. When the group of girls entered the store, they were greeted by the energetic bubbly assistance's who were asking each of the girl's how they could be of assistance. We were shown all kinds of dresses on the racks by the assistances. We were all having so much fun shopping trying on different dresses. When we finished buying all our dresses, we went to get matching shoes and a few accessories including our masks. While we were at the jewellery store, Draco had sent us a patranos saying that the boys would be waiting for us at Three Broomsticks.

Cedric Pov

The moment we stepped into the store, we were swept into different isles by the stores assistances to pick out our suits and do size fittings. We finished up before the girls, which was no surprise there, so we decided to go to Three Broomsticks and order some drinks while we waited for the girls to finish shopping. Draco sent a patronas to the girls, letting know where we are and to take their times. As much as I am joining in on the conversation with the boys, I can't help but let my mind wonder of the thought of what of a certain brunette. It's been just over a month since we have arrived back at Hogwarts, and I haven't really spent much time with Hermione. I mean with her being head girl and her love for studies the girl is rather busy most of the time. I think the only time I see having a break is when she passes out on the couch then to, she stills has a book in her hands. I always look forward to those moments as I personally get to carry her back to her room and tuck her in. I mean I could always just levitate her like the boys always say I should do but that is just not as enjoyable as holding close and safe. I think I am falling for. No I am definitely falling for her. I am falling in love with Hermione Jean Granger, and it is the most alive I have ever felt since returning.