-Honk! Honk!-

~30 minutes earlier~

As I was walking from my house I felt like I could do anything. I was in a SPECTACULAR mood.

'I can't believe i've missed that Demon Slayer season 2 has been out for like a month already, although i guess it's good because now i can watch multiple episodes in a row' 

It's the beginning of autumn but it's still rather warm outside. I decided to take the shortcut through the forest. It's slightly windy and I get a little chill as the cold air hits me. Taking a deep breath in, my lungs filling up with the fresh air, I smile even brighter.

'This feeling, this is what i live for'

Content with my feelings I decide to hurry up. I've played in this forest since I was just a little child. When I was younger I used to play here as often as I could. Sometimes I came here with my family or I brought some friends and we played for hours. We played pretend and tag, went exploring, sometimes we brought food and had a picnic together or we'd camp and watch the stars all night long. When I got older I even used to run away to this forest and stay in the little tree house my family built when I was really young. I simply love this forest.

Since I know this forest inside out I ran quickly through it without tripping or getting lost. After a good 10 minutes of running I finally see the end of the forest. Standing at the end of the forest I look at the view.

There's a small cliff at the edge of the forest and then a small road but there's never any cars here since they all just go through town these days. Behind the road is another forest, a very small one though and it's just a 2-3 minute walk through that forest to get to town. Looking out over the smaller forest you can see the tallest building far into town and behind that.

The sunset.

Seeing as the sun is gonna start setting soon I might be able to see it on my way back.

'I'll make this quick and take a minute to admire the sunset afterwards'

With that I slide down the slope, fortunately it's not steep enough to make it troublesome getting up and down. I run over the small road and start running through the little forest. It doesn't even take me a minute to get through and then the store is just down to the left a couple of feet down. I run through the short, dark and slightly dirtied alley.

Once I'm out on the mainstreet I can see the store and I start walking towards it. I take out my phone and decide to continue reading a story on wattpad I started reading earlier. As I read this story about a girl, (y/n) of course, is about to get isekaid into Demon Slayer, but first the one and only kamaboko-squad (aka Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inoske) comes to her world by accident. They become friends and she helps them find their way back, leading to herself coming with them and BOOM now I am- I mean (y/n) is in the demon slayer universe.

'God why can't they show up in my world' I think to myself sulking a little, finding hope around every corner hoping I'll miraculously find them there just standing around or sum.

'Nope not around this corner either' Imagine tears now falling down my (s/c) cheeks.

Before I knew I was right in front of the store and hurriedly got some snacks and paid. I quickly shoved it all down my backpack. I was just about to put my headphones on so I could listen to some music on my way back but just as I did I heard some screaming behind me. With music on, volume 120% obvi, I turn around to see some angry looking devil spawns running towards me.