-Where's Everyone?-

-(Genya's POV)-

After that day, I continued pretty much as usual but now I have to go on weekly check ups. Shinobu-san said that everything was good but she still can't figure out how it could have happened. I've also been allowed on a few more missions but I'm not allowed to be left alone and I'm barely even allowed to fight demons. It's been a couple of months now and I'm 15. The final selection is coming up and I hope they'll finally stop worrying and let me go. Even Kanao is going and I don't want to wait any longer.

---

"(y/n) they're finally letting me go to the final selection! I'll be leaving in a few days and after this I'll be a real demon slayer and I'll get my own missions, the hashiras won't be able to boss with me or tell me to stay back and let them deal with it."

---

The days went by fast and it was finally time. I was heading out for the final selection.

"I'm heading out now (y/n) I promise I'll be back in a week and tell you how it went"

I skipped over to the butterfly estate since I was supposed to travel together with Kanao. I didn't really like it, she's kinda scary, but the pillars insisted and I didn't want to risk them not letting me go because of something so stupid. Most of the pillars were there to wave us off and wish us good luck and then we were on our way.

It took us about 3 hours to run to the mountain where the final selection would be held. When we got there it was at least 20 people there to take the test. 'I wonder how many of them will make it'

"Everyone, we thank you for coming here tonight. To the demon slayer corps final selection. There are..." Two twins started talking.

'Urg who wants to hear this crap, just let us kill some demons already.'

"... and now, be on your way."

'Finally they're done so we can begin.' I think as I head into the forest. It's a big mountain and soon enough I was left alone. It was already pretty dark and I'm just running around the forest in search of demons. It was rather quiet at first, not a single demon in sight, until screams were heard around the mountain and I knew that could only mean something bad. I ran towards the screaming voices hoping to find the source. After a couple of minutes of running I came across a whole group of demon slayers, all of them running for their lives. I grab one of them by the arm.

"What's going on?!" I am annoyed at how they're all such cowards.

"T-there's a-a demon, b-but it's way t-to strong! W-we're all gonna d-die!" The person I grabbed stuttered out as tears started to trickle down their face and fear could be seen from a mile away.

"Pull yourself together! Where is the demon?!" I shake the slayer slightly hoping it'll get them back to their senses.

"I'm s-sorry I'm weak..." The person continues in self pity. 'This is no good, I'll have a better chance going on my own' I think as I let go of their arm and start running from where they had come from. On my way there I ran into a demon. She had fresh blood around her mouth, she probably caught one of the panicked demon slayers who were too busy running from one demon that they missed another.

"HA, it must be my lucky day, two demon slayers in a row" the female demon says as she licks the blood from her face and hands.

"Fuck off." she's probably pretty weak, acting tough to scare the children around here into making a mistake.

"You! I'll kill you!" she screams and runs towards me. I simply bring out my sword and jump at her, cutting straight through her neck.

"As if, you're nothing more than a weak worthless demon. Just die." I answer as I continue to look for the stronger demon. I can hear her shrieks behind me fade out the further away I get.