-Travels-

As we got on our way Kanae and Shinobu started running. I was a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them, but the time I've been training with Kyojuro has really helped and it wasn't a problem.

On our way there I started thinking about a plan. 'Ok, today's the day. We're going up against Doma. I have completely forgotten to make a plan but I'm sure it won't be too hard. It's kind of simple really, we'll just have to charm him, this man is a complete ATTENTION WHORE after all.' I started thinking about it. 'Like, let's say I tell Kanae to do this, what is she supposed to say? Like "Oh yeah you're so hot when you're stabbing me with your longass demon nails, kill me harder da-" Yeah no, I'm gonna pretend that thought never existed. Ok so I guess I'll...'

I leave my thoughts to collect myself. As I look around in the village we're going through. 'It looks like they're having some festival or something here.' I think as Kanae speaks.

"We'll have some lunch here. The demon we're looking for is supposed to be in the next village, but we won't have to be there until it's getting darker."

"Great, all these hours of running have made me really hungry." Shinobu says in relife.

'Hours? How long have we been out? I've been trying to come up with a plan so I guess I didn't realize...'

"What do you want to eat, my treat." Kanae says with a smile.

"Ah yes thank you nee-san! I'd like some udon, what do you say (y/n)-chan?" Shinobu says. 'She looks truly happy with Kanae'

"Sounds good to me!" I say returning the smile. 'That decides it. When we get there I will meet Doma alone. Kanae and Shinobu will have to stay away. No matter what happens I won't let them get hurt.'

We walked around and found a little shop where we decided to eat. We ordered and sat down to wait. 'I'll have to tell them about the plan'

"Kanae-san, Shinobu-san" I started. "I want to talk to you about this mission."

"Go on," Kanae said, waiting for what I would say next.

"If this mission is what I think it is, then I would like you both to stand by. I will deal with the demon and I want you to trust me and not interfere." I explained.

"Ha, what the hell, no way. You're not even a demon slayer yet and this is a hashira ranked mission. I don't know why you're even here. I only accepted it because nee-san asked me to but this is too far. And who do you think you are to give us orders like this-"

"Shinobu-chan, that's enough. Oyakata-sama wants all hashiras to take (y/n)-san's advice, so I'm planning to do so. Although (y/n)-san are you sure about this? Shinobu-chan is right, this mission is probably a lot harder than you can handle."

"It's alright Kanae-san. This is the only way, so unfortunately I'll just have to ask you to trust me." I say with a fake smile, I don't want to worry them any more. 'I know that if this doesn't work and Doma attacks me I have zero chance of surviving, but at least Kanae and Shinobu will be safe...'

---

"Promise?"

"Promise."

---

'That's right. I can't fail. I have to succeed, no matter what.'

We got our food and ate. We then had a few hours until it would start to get dark. We stayed in the village for a while, looking around and helping some people with the preparations for the festival. We eventually headed to the next village where we would encounter the demon, Doma. We ran to the next village and got there about an hour before sunset. We started inspecting our surroundings and got familiar with the village before nightfall.

As the sun set further and further we started looking for the demon, who could now wander freely. We walked for quite a while before we reached a part of the village that was empty. Not a single person in sight. Kanae readied her sword. The presence of a demon was so strong. Even someone as untrained as me could feel that he was close. 'It's time'

I told Kanae and Shinobu to go back to the streets with more people. They were unsure, feeling that the presence of the demon was stronger than they'd thought.

"It's alright. If I need any help I'll let you know" I turned around and said with a reassuring smile. Reluctantly they turned around and left the empty street and I continued walking down the street until I met someone.

"Damn, aren't you good looking." I say, honestly surprised that he looks that frickin' hot in real life.

"Oh, and who might you be~" He asks with a hint of amusement.

"Well I have many names but with the way you're looking you can call me yours~" I say, fighting the urge to do the lip bite.

"My my, aren't you an interesting one." he says, bringing out a golden fan and putting it in front of his face. Glancing down, looking at the sword at my waist and his eyes get slightly smaller. "What's that, a sword~ May I ask what a little girl such as yourself is doing with something so dangerous?" He says, making the question sound almost like a threat.

"Um excuse me but may I ask what you have to do with that?" I answer in the same way. He was a little taken aback by the way I spoke with him, only to be replaced with another amused look. He walks closer to me and says

"Didn't you just say you're mine? Then I would have something to do with it, right~" He chuckles as he looks down slightly to keep eye contact.

"Oh damn you're right. Pretty and smart, that's not something you find everyday. I guess I'm lucky. But I do think you know exactly why I have a sword" I say grinning as I take a step forward closing the distance between us even more.

"You're a demon slayer then I assume."

"Perhaps. I guess you'll just have to find out" I say nonchalantly.

"Ah, and how would I do that?"

"Well it's a little something I call 'getting to know each other'. So basically you spend time with a person and talk to them and find out things about them. Cool right." I say throwing my hair to the side, looking proud over my statement.

"Then maybe we should get to know each other. I know let's go to a festival" he says, putting his hand out for me to take.

"How romantic, that I can't refuse." I say taking his hand. He smirks and grabs my legs and lifts me up bridal style.

"I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all" I answer before he jumps up on the roof of a nearby house and runs towards the direction of where the Kocho sisters and I had come from. He jumps from roof to roof and then into the forest between this village and the other. 'He's so fast.' I think, looking up at him. "His eyes are so pretty..." I whisper under my breath. He looks down at me, saying a little "thank you dear" before looking back up.

After a couple of minutes he comes to a stop, letting me down. I look forward, seeing the village in front of me. My eyes widen at how pretty it looks now. It's dark but the streets are so bright because of all the beautiful lights. Men and women dressed formally with colorful yukata and kimonos.

"We're here, let's go."

~~~~~

a/n: So yeah I know this might be kinda cringe and like weird but I just felt like flirting with Doma so I hope y'all don't mind too much...

Also I've been reading some fanfics where they write doma differently from how I write him and now I don't know if I should just rewrite everything. Probably not tho since I'm lazy and I think everything I'm writing is hilarious... (Just me, oh ok)

There are kind of a bunch of things happening in the upcoming chapters and I really hope I haven't put too much so that the rest will be boring or so... (There will be some angst, but idk if it's good tho... )

I was just about to post when I got a text! My corona test is back, but everything's good since it's positive and positive is good, jk I'm not that dumb ok. But yeah I have corona now so fear me or sum.

-love and corona kisses from yours truly, author-chan<3