-Too Late To Go Back-

"I.. I don't know. Wait here." Keiji starts walking up to a house close by.

"I don't think we should slit up hehe... " I mumble as I slowly follow him. 'I've seen scary movies ok, I KNOW THIS IS HOW PEOPLE DIE!'

"Hello?" Keiji starts knocking at the door. No response. He continues on, knocking on multiple doors. Not a single response.

"I don't like this.." I mumble to myself. 'Were there people here yesterday? Is this some kind of joke from the demons because I ran away... What happen to these people...'

"I can't do this. I'm going inside." Keiji exclaims.

"Yeah- wait you're going where?!" I question.

"Maybe something happened to the people inside, or if it's empty then that means they left and we should probably do the same"

"That's the worst thing I've ever heard, no matter what is or isn't inside we probably shouldn't be here!" I exclaim not liking his idea.

"But what if there's someone who needs help?" He says, not giving up.

"I hate good people sometimes" I mutter as I follow him inside.

"Hello?" He continues to call out as he enters the house. Keiji goes into one room, then the next and the next. As we continue through the house i start sweating. It feels like the walls are coming closer. A pair of coughs pulling me out of my thoughts. 'Wait..'

"Did you hear that?" I ask Keiji quickly.

"My cough?" He answers confused.

"No the other cough. I heard two coughs!" I answered him feeling a little paranoid. We stay quiet for a few seconds, listening for any sounds.

"I don't-" Keiji was interrupted by the faint sound of coughing.

"It came from over there.." I whisper as I point to the door down the hallway. We slowly walk closer and after exchanging looks Keiji opens the door.

A bedroom. And on the bed was a person. A woman. Probably mid twenties. She looked pale and undernourished, with dark bags under her eyes.

"Miss, are you alright?!" Keiji was first to react. The woman seemed confused. She had trouble looking straight at us and seemed to struggle with making sentences.

"What do we do?" I ask him, seeing the poor state of the woman.

"We need a doctor!" Keiji exclaims before the woman finally speaks up.

"Don't.. bother. They already.. tried.. but.." She says weakly.

"But what? what happened here?" Keiji ask looking for an explanation.

"We thought.. it was a normal... fever.." She continues.

"Are you sick?" Keiji continues to question.

"People were falling ill... one by one.. but then.." She's interrupted by her own coughing and then Keiji starts coughing as well.

"I'm sorry... we thought it was.. a normal fever..." The woman drifts out of consciousness.

"Keiji I don't think it was a normal fever.." I speak up, stating the obvious.

"I think you're right.." Keiji answers and I feel the sweat drops running down my face. Am I getting dizzy? Keiji starts coughing again and as I look at him I realize he's getting pale.

"Keiji.. you don't think.." I start, suspecting the worst.

"How do you feel?" Keiji asks

"Not so good.. you?" I answered feeling more and more anxious about this whole ordeal.