-It's Not About Who You Were-

-(Tanjiro's POV)-

Teruko and I were accidently bumped into another room and then we heard the sound of a drum. The room started changing and Zenitsu and Soichi disappeared. We walked around for quite a while, trying to find the others, before we found something else. It was a weird boar head-human-hybrid. It screamed but ran past us and was gone as fast as it had shown.

"W-what was that!" Teruko grabbed my arm and shook slightly.

"It's alright, let's continue looking for the others." I reassured her, walking the other way.

We walked down a few more hallways before. *sniff sniff*

"Ah, Teruko, in here!" I open a door and in the middle there's a boy in an orange kimono holding a tsuzumi drum. He looked scared and was about to hit the drum.

"Nii-san!" Teruko cried out. Running towards him. He relaxed slightly and hugged his sister.

"Are you okay?" I asked the boy.

"Yeah but my leg hurts..." he said, pointing to a blood stain right above his ankle.

"Don't worry. Da da! It's an ornament from my master. It works really well and right away." I put it over the boy's wound and wrap it up in a cloth. "It's feeling better, don't it"

"Y-yeah, thanks..."

"Good, you've been handling this very well on your own. I'm gonna go find the demon. You two stay here and if anyone comes close, hit the tsuzumi. I'll come find you later and when I do I'll call your names before I come in. Okay?"

"O-okay" They both nod.

"Alright, I'm leaving then. You should hit the tsuzumi after I close the door. Good luck and I'll be back as quickly as I can." I give them a smile and walk out, closing the door. I hear the drum sound and start to head towards the demon smell.

'It's in here' I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Demon I'm- eh...what?" I was ready to attack the demon but when I stepped in I saw the demon and (y/n). They're looking at a bunch of papers.

"Demon slayers..." The demon mutter with an angry frown.

"Ah, Tanjiro-kun, come here and listen! Kyogai's writings are really good!" (y/n) calles out happily.

"Eh, w-what" she pats the floor next to her and I slowly walk closer to them and sit down.

"Kyogai, continue!" (y/n) cheers and the demon looks just as shocked as me.

"You demon slayers no, all humans, I hate them! I'll kill you!" the demon got angry and started gripping the papers harder, almost ripping them.

"NO! Kyogai, you're breaking the paper!" (y/n) called out and the demon became limp, he looked sad as he glanced down to his hand where the wrinkly paper was. (y/n) took the chance to continue. "You need to be careful, they're important to you, aren't they?" She moved closer and grabbed the paper. She carefully stretched it out to rid the wrinkles.

"Are you a demon slayer too?" the demon asked quietly.

"Yes" (y/n) answers. 'But she isn't, is she? Didn't she just grow up there and then leave before she became a demon slayer or something...'

"Damned demon slayers. Why would you come here? What were you planning to do?"

"Well I came here to hear your texts. I really enjoyed them. Then I wanted to ask you something." (y/n) stated calmly.

"What could you demon slayers possibly want?" the demon growled

"It's more of an offer. What would you say if I told you, you could leave this life behind? Stop killing humans. Stop following Muzan. Be more of a human again. Would you take the chance?" (y/n) asks the demon. 'So it's not just those two... Is she planning on taking in all demons she comes across...'