-Nightmares in daylight-

Since I started early in the morning I managed to arrive soon after noon. I was hungry after all the walking and started looking for a place to eat. I found a small street restaurant that was almost empty and sat down to order.

"Excuse me! One of these please I point at a random number on the menu and the older man started preparing while the younger one brought out utensils, something to drink and such. They look quite alike. Probably father and son running the family restaurant.

"Are you passing by miss?" the young man strikes a conversation.

"What?" I answer, surprised that he started talking to me so casually.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before" he answers with a shy smile.

"Ah well yes, I'm traveling and just happened to pass by" I laugh.

"Traveling? Where are you going?" The young man asks excitedly.

"Hmm.. wherever the road takes me hehe. Actually are there any nearby villages except for the on in the south?" I ask, thinking about my next destination.

"Well there's one to the east and one in the northwest but they're both over a day's walk away." He answers in contemplation before turning around. "Father how is our storage looking?" He asks the man in the kitchen.

"It's looking good. Wait we're low on flour and a few spices." The father answers his question.

"The ones from the village in the north?" he asks further.

"That's right, mind going there within the next few days? You know I'm getting too old for that trip." The father ask while coming out of the kitchen and putting a bowl of warm food infront of me.

"Yes father, I'll leave first thing tomorrow morning."he tells his father before turning back to me. "We have a carriage. It might not be the fanciest by it'll be faster then walking. You're welcome to join me if you'd like a ride tomorrow."

"Really? You're to kind!" I answer him delighted. 'This plan is working better then I'd thought..'

---

The rest of the day I didn't really know what to do so I looked for an inn, took a bath, an hung out by the restaurant. I learnt the name of the young man too. Keiji. He's only a few years older than me and seem to enjoy running the restaurant with his father. There aren't many around his age here, explaining why he was so eager to talk to me.

After him and his father had closed down for the day Keiji took it upon himself to show me around the village. It's not a very big village but it has some bright spots. For example he showed me a tree behind an old lady's house where he'd found a birds nest with newborn little birdies or the small stream where the water was completely clear and seemed to almost glow in the evening sun.

As it got late and the sun started to set I decided it was time to head back to the inn. I couldn't get much sleep in the first few hours knowing that demons, who might possibly be looking for me, can now roam freely. As it got later my eyelids felt heavier and heavier and so eventually I had to let sleep take over while hoping for the best.

---

The next morning I woke up and carefully looked around in the room. Still at the inn. I suppose they didn't find me? or maybe they weren't looking? Who knows, important thing is that I can continue my journey back.

I got up to go wash off and get dressed. Then I made sure the room looked neat enough with a made bed before heading out to return the key. After thanking the old man I left and started looking for Keiji. I managed to wake up quite early and stopped to take a quick look at the sunrise before heading to the small restaurant where a cart was waiting.

"(y/n)-san, good morning!" Keiji smiles as he sees me walking over to him.

"Good morning! I hope I'm not late hehe.." I greet him back.

"Not at all, I was just about to make a final check of everything before we go." He explains.

"Great, is there anything I can help with?" I ask him, not knowing what to do in the mean time.

"No this won't take long so you can wait on the cart." He answers as he goes back to looking through what he's brought along.

As he said, it didn't take long and we were soon on the road. Heading to the village Northwest of here. It was a calm ride and we chatted a lot since there wasn't much else to do. Keiji had also brought some food for us to eat along the way and to be honest it's weird to see someone else eating and enjoying the food. I've gotten use to eating alone since the demons don't really eat human food. Except for Doma who seems to have a thing chocolate...

It wasn't until the sun had already set that we could start seeing the village in the distance. Well however much we could actually see in the dark. I got more worried as the darkness took over our surroundings since demons could attack anytime now. 'I'm so glad I know how to use a sword.'

As the wagon creaked and the horses stomped I was focusing on the darkness between the trees. We were both getting tired and the conversations had ceased. Everything seemed alright and I couldn't see any demons around but I still had a feeling that something wasn't right. I just couldn't quite put my finger on what it was but as we reached the village I couldn't be bothered with anything except finding somewhere to spend the night.

Keiji had been here before and stopped the cart close to the inn where he usually stays. We brought everything valuable with us inside. It wasn't much. Once we got inside it was empty and unfortunately none of us were willing to wait for someone to show up so we decided to take out two keys from behind the counter and simply explain and apologise tomorrow. We then found our way to the two rooms located on each side of the corridor as we said goodnight and went to bed.

---

I woke up in the morning and tidy the futon before leaving the room. I didn't want to wake Keiji since we arrived quite late last night so instead I headed out to have a look around the village. The inn was still empty and once I got outside I couldn't see a single person either. The sun was up and it was late enough for someone to have woken up. I continued to walk around the village but it only made the feeling of unease increase.

Everything was empty. Houses, shops, restaurants. I couldn't see anyone and honestly it looked like there hadn't been anyone here in days. This is starting to feel really creepy. I hurried back to the inn and found Keiji at the door.

"(y/n)-san you're already up? I didn't-" keiji starts casually.

"Somethings not right... I mean is it usually this empty and creepy here..?" I blur out starting to freak out.

"No.. there should be lots of people out by now..." Keiji looks around the empty streets.

"Then where is everyone..?" I ask worriedly.

•Taisho Secrets

•Keiji is a beautiful boy-man <3

•Keiji's dad(dy) still got it hehe ;)

•(y/n) still trained as a demon slayer and was taught by Kokushibo so she is in no way useless against an enemy *v*

~~~~~

a/n: OoOOoO sCarY VilLaGe OoOooooO~

Hope y'all enjoy~

I got a new baby sister and she is sooooo tiny and soooooo ADORABLE!!!!

-Love, author-chan<3