-Another One-

After that mission Genya and I were sent out multiple times, sometimes together and sometime by ourselves. I soon realized going on missions wasn't as much fun as I had originally thought. After all, of all the demons I encountered on these mission there has only been one I din't have to kill.

"Caw! Caw! Continue to the south for another mission!" The crow flew over my head while screaming.

"Again? This will be the third mission in a row! When can I go back home!" I whine as I follow the directions of my new mission.

"Caw! Go to XX village and meet up with Shinazugawa Genya to free the village from the demon lurking there!" The crow continues above me.

"Genya? We haven't been on a mission together in a while, let's hurry up then!" I comment excited as I run a little faster.

Genya had already been close by when he got the mission so he arrived much sooner. As we met up he was carrying some food he'd gotten at one of the stalls down the street. He shared the food with me as we monitored our surroundings in wait of night. As it became dark it didn't take long for the demon to show itself.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the demon slayers" The demon starts as he approach us.

"You!" Genya readies his gun as he recognize the demon.

"You?" The demon answers amused seeming to remember Genya as well.

"Kei?" I ask as I step forward from Genya.

"(Y/n)!" He answers with a laugh. I walk up and punch his arm. 

"Wah I can't believe you're still alive! I thought for sure someone would have killed you by now!" I mock him.

"As if, I've only been raising in rank! Don't be surprised when I join the twelve kizuki!" Kei states proudly.

"Hah. Yeah, demons will be walking in the sun before that ever happens!" I continue to tease.

"Ehh.. (Y/n).." Genya speaks up.

"Right, Genya this is Kei, the first demon I ever fought!" I explain as he looks unhappy.

"I know, this isn't the first time I meet him..." Genya states, giving Kei the side eye.

"Wait you've met before?" I ask looking between the two. Kei's trying to look innocent by looking away and putting his tongue out.

"I met him on my first mission with Himejima-san but unfortunately he got away..." Genya says.

"Yeah and you crazy ass tried to eat me! Although I heard you're still doing that, so I guess you have a thing for it." Kei snickers as Genya looks slightly embarrassed.

"Ok..." I mutter as I notice the air around these two is becoming rather awkward. "So anyways we were sent her to get rid of you Kei!" I cheer as he looks offended. 

"Why do you sound so happy about that.." Kei mutter while taking a step away from me.

"Because it's a two choice question, hehe... We have to get rid of you but as long as you stop causing trouble there wouldn't be any need to kill you!" I continue to chant.

"Wow, you've lost it.." Kei answers with pity.

"You-" I start with an irk mark.

"What she means is she has a place where she's keeping demons away from harm, in return you just can't eat humans." Genya explains while holding me back.

"You really have lost it.." Kei just repeats.

"You little-" I'm about to jump him when Genya's gun fires.