Chapter 8

"Are you hungover? Mom said you'd be" Carl asks as soon as Dad sits down at the breakfast table.
"Mom is right." Dad said.
"Mom has that annoying habit." Mom mumbled under her breath.
"Eggs! Powdered but I do em good. Bet you can't tell." T-Dog said as he came over with a fresh batch of eggs.
Glenn moaned next to me and Jacqui rubbed his shoulders as Dale silently laughed on the other side of me.

"Protein helps the hangover." T-Dog said as he gave said as he gave some to Glenn and Dad. Glenn moaned again and I chuckled a little.
"Where'd all this come from?" Dad asks as he held up a pill bottle.
I couldn't read what it said but it was probably something to help with the hangover.
"Jenner, he thought we could use em, some of us at least." Mom said as he looked at the pill bottle and back up to Glenn.
"Ugh don't ever let me drink again." Glenn moaned as I heard Carl laugh slightly.
I watched as Shane walked in. He greeted everyone.
"You feel as bad as I do?" Dad asked smiling and Shane didn't even reply.
I wonder what's wrong with them?
"Worse." Shane mumbled as he poured himself some coffee.

"The hell happened to your neck?" T-Dog asked as Shane turned around.
I looked at him and saw scratch marks.
I looked back at the table then at mom. She had worry in her eyes. I wonder why.
Shane sat down beside me and stared.
"Must a done it in my sleep." He replied brushing the question off.
"Never seen you do that before." Dad said.
"Me neither not like me at all." Shane said as he looked to mom.
He didn't drop his gaze and she looked over then quickly looked away.
"Mom." I mouthed.
I raised my eyebrows and we both got up.
"Where are you going?" Dale asked.
"To my room." I said. Dale nodded as me and mom walked down the hallway to my room.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Honey don't worry about it." Mom said.
"No tell me please?" I asked.
"Something happened and I clawed Shane." she sighed.
"Were you two dating?" I asked.
Mom sighed then slowly nodded her head.
"Please tell me everything." I begged.
"Me and Shane were in the rec room and he tried talking to me I ignored him. He tried getting closer to me and I eventually clawed him." mom said.
"That's not the whole story I know it but whatever." I sighed.