Chapter 47

We drove for a while, it felt like forever when we finally pulled over on the side of the road.

I was squished in the middle of Dad and Reneè.

We all ran to the back and took our weapons out of the trunk.

"I'm not gunna be throwing knives now am I?" I asked as dad and Daryl watched me.

I grabbed an automatic that they gave me and got ready.

"They have patrols we need to go the rest on foot." Michonne said.

"How far? Nights coming." Dad said.

"A mile, maybe two." She said.

All the men have bags but me Michonne and Reneè didn't bother to bring anything.

I walked beside dad and Daryl. I heard a group of moans and I saw all the walkers.

Daryl had told us to crouch down but I knew we had to run.

"Holy shit! No, gunfire!" Dad said as he threw a machete into a walkers head.

Reneè threw me a spare hunting knife and I went to town on these walkers.

There was more coming and it was harder to kill them all a once.

"There's to many of 'em." I said backing up.

Reneè stepped forward.

She had 2 knives and ran in front of the walkers stabbing all the front ones.

She did that with the back ones too but again there were to many.

"This way. Come on." dad said as he led the way.

Reneè was going to run back but I pulled her with me.

We ran until we saw this little log cabin thing. We quickly shut the door and ran inside.

"Ehh, what's that smell?" I asked I pulled my sleeve over my nose.

I turned and saw a dead dog. Eew.

Dad saw something under the covers on a bed in the corner and went to it slowly.

He slowly took off the covers and a man was underneath and he quickly woke up. I pull out my shotgun, Michonne pulled it her kick-ass Katana, dad pulled out his gun and Reneè aimed her knife at his head.

She has some bad ass knife throwing skills.

Dad tried to reason with the man who was now shouting. But he wouldn't shut up. He started yelling about calling the cops and dad turned around and said I am a cop. I held my gun out and the man made direct eye contact with me. I tried to put on. Scared act as though I actually cared but he could tell.