Chapter 31

T gave the signal and we all knew it was time to go. I grabbed my gun and helped Mom out and we all ran to the cars.

We drive off not really knowing where we were going.

We drive for a while then I switched spots with Glenn who was driving.

I'm 17 now and I had my licence before this shit happened.

We drove for a while until we lost the walkers then we stopped.

Dad and Daryl went out to go hunting and T and a few others went to get fresh water.

Beth went to talk to mom and I was holding now 5 year old Alexis.

She grabbed a stick and pretended to be a magic wand.

"What is your biggest wish Lexi?" I asked her.

"That my mommy and daddy kept me."

I looked at her.
"What do you mean?"

"Before this happened my mommy and daddy would hit me one time daddy threw a glass bottle at me it hurt me and I have a scar on my belly. Mommy would always come home acting weird and would lock me in my room for days and before I found you guys I was with mommy and daddy but they left me for the walkers. They said I wore them down." she said as I hugged her.

"Your safe with us." I said. She smiled.

After about 10 minutes T and everyone came back. T tossed me my water bottle filled with water and I took a quick sip. Then I handed it to Carl who gave it to mom after a sip.

Everyone waited for dad and Daryl to come back and when the got they brought good news.

The found us a home.

________________

We pulled up to a prison.

There were fences. We kept the cars parked outside and made a formation with mom in the middle and Carl and I close to the fence so we could climb up quickly if needed.

Dad cut the formation. And cut a hole in the fence big enough for us all to fit through.

He and Daryl held the fence open.

I went through first holding Alexis' hand then Carl and Mom then the rest of the group.

Once everyone was in Glenn and Daryl quickly closed off the hole with some sort of string with a clip.

We were surrounded in fences. Both sides.
There was a small walkway between the 2 fences and we jogged down to the gate at the end.

Daryl opened the gate and Dad held us back.

We all filled into the and entrance into the courtyard.

"It's perfect, if we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight." dad said enthusiastically.